Book Cheap India To Sri Lanka Flights
Are you looking forward to visiting the “Pearl of the Indian Ocean”? Your ticket to Sri Lanka can take you to a little paradise surrounded by tropical nature, beautiful tea plantations, and spellbinding beaches. This tiny yet striking island country welcomes travellers from all over the world.
Air India Limited
Air India Limited
New Delhi10:00 PM
Board on your flights to Sri Lanka and experience the beauty of cultural diversity that is seen nowhere else in the world. From historical sites to natural parks and stunning beaches to well-preserved architecture, the country has a lot to explore. Get your flight tickets to Sri Lanka, make admirable memories, and click hundreds of pictures with lovely backdrops.
Airlines Operating from India to Sri Lanka
Nearby 175 India to Sri Lanka flights take off per week. Both direct and connecting flights can be found from this route. The most popular airlines that cover the India to Sri Lanka distance are Air India, Vistara, SriLankan Airlines, SpiceJet, GoAir, Cathay Pacific, and Japan Airlines.
Distance, Time & Airfare from India to Sri Lanka
The aerial distance between India and Sri Lanka is 1421km. Average India to Sri Lanka flight time is 3 hours 35 minutes. And when it comes to airfares, a one-way Sri Lanka ticket price can cost you between INR 5598 to INR 9879 while a round trip to Sri Lanka can cost you around INR 14,789.
Best Time To Book cheap tickets to Sri Lanka
October is the cheapest time to fly to Sri Lanka. Airfares and hotel accommodations are 20% cheaper during this month. Get in touch with travel experts at Travanya and grab exciting offers on your plane tickets to Sri Lanka.
|Cheapest Price & Month ||Rs 14,204 (October)|
|India to Sri Lanka Distance ||1,421 KM |
|India to Sri Lanka Flight Time ||3 hours 35 minutes|
|Cheapest Airlines ||SriLankan Airlines|
|Departure Airport||Delhi Airport, Chennai Airport, Mumbai Airport & more.|
|Arrival Airport ||Colombo Airport, Hambantota Airport, Jaffna Airport & more.|
Tips To Find Cheap Flights to Sri Lanka from India
- Get your Sri Lanka flight tickets booked at least 4 weeks in advance to grab cheap flights to Sri Lanka.
- Turn on India to Sri Lanka ticket price alert notifications. You’ll be informed well in advance if there is a price drop so that you can make a booking immediately.
- Grab cheap airfare to Sri Lanka during the month of October. It is considered to be the off-season and flights are relatively cheaper.
- Book your India to Sri Lanka flight ticket at least 50 days before the desired departure.
- Get a flat discount on India to Sri Lanka ticket prices by calling the customer support team at Travanya.
- Compare India to Sri Lanka flight prices using the Incognito mode to save yourself from the surge pricing.
- To get the cheapest airline tickets to Sri Lanka, avoid travelling from December to March. This period is the high season and the prices from airfares and other amenities are at their peak.
About Sri Lanka
When it comes to tourism, Sri Lanka hit the top spots. Travelers from all over the world and especially Indians dream of visiting Sri Lanka and exploring this little paradise of beaches. Sri Lanka is a tropical island country with a rich history. There are 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites located in Sri Lanka, making your trip to Sri Lanka truly heart-winning.
Top 10 Cities to Explore in Sri Lanka
- Explore the lively streets of Kandy – A beautiful city that lies in central Sri Lanka, Kandy is known for its old colonial buildings, vibrant streets, and shopping souvenirs. Start your trip from the Royal Botanical Garden, wander around Temple of the Tooth, visit Kandy Lake, and take a train from Kandy to Ella to experience the authenticity.
- Walk around the Nine Arch Bridge in Ella – Lies in the south-central of Sri Lanka, Ella is an alluring town bounded by luscious forests, sweeping valleys, and jaw-dropping waterfalls. Head to the little Adam’s Peak for some adventure, wander around the beautiful tea fields, and see the sights of Diyaluma Falls and Ravana Falls.
- Roam around beautiful lakes in Nuwara Eliya – A city that is surrounded by dense tea plantations and hills, Nuwara Eliya is known for mesmerising views and old-colonial buildings. Check out the Gregory Lake, Victoria Park, Bale Bazaar, St Clair’s Falls, Moon Plains, and Hakgala Botanical Garden.
- Swing, surf & relax on the beaches of Unawatuna – A tropical town in Southern Sri Lanka, Unawatuna is home to beautiful beaches. Visit Dalawella Beach for a romantic dinner, Mihiripenna Beach for serenity and peace, and Sahana Beach for the best surfing. Travelers also visit Jungle Beach and Unawatuna Beach.
- Travel around in a Tuk-Tuk in Colombo –The capital of Sri Lanka, Colombo has some beautiful historical landmarks, the best Sri Lankan food, Hindu Temples, and lakes. Click tons of pictures in front of Budhha statues in Beira Lake, visit the Independence Memorial Hall and taste the yummiest street food at the Galle Face Green.
- See blue skies turning to orange in Galle – The oldest city of the country that is known for the rich history of Forts, every corner of Galle has a story to unlock. Walk around the iconic Galle Fort Lighthouse, shop cheap in Peddler Street, and do not forget to check the National Maritime Archaeology Museum.
- Explore the underwater world in Hikkaduwa – A little seaside town that captures all the tropical beauty, Hikkaduwa is no less than a fantasy land. Spend some quality time at Narigama Beach, snorkel in the Coral Reef Gardens, and enjoy water sports at Hikkaduwa Beach. Every location of this beautiful town is fascinating.
- Buy Sri Lanka’s famous fish in Negombo – Located on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Negombo is a blissful city surrounded by tall palm trees, river canals, and ferry rides. Some of the most popular attractions include Hamilton Canal, Negombo Beach, Fish Market, Dutch Fort, and Negombo Beach Park.
- Gaze at the variety of bird species in Mannar – A mesmerising town with Baobab trees, Mannar is a precious gem with stunning Hindu temples, seaside forts, and peaceful beaches. When in Mannar, visit the Mannar Island, the Doric at Arippu, Mannar Bird Sanctuary, Adam’s Bridge, and the Ketheeswaram Temple (old Hindu temple).
- Discover serene views in Batticaloa – One of the most popular cities in the country, Batticaloa has a rich culture and picturesque landscapes. Top sites to visit in Batticaloa include Batticaloa Fort, Kallady Beach, New Kallady Bridge, Batticaloa Lighthouse, Batticaloa Beach, and Batticaloa Gate.
Round Trip Flight From Sri Lanka to India
Visiting Sri Lanka is an enthralling experience. Wouldn’t it be better to save your energy for exploring more rather than searching for cheap return tickets back to your departure destination? So, do not forget to check the Sri Lanka flight ticket price including the round-trip on our search bar.
Now, Fly to Sri Lanka with peace of mind. Give our travel experts a call if you are still struggling to find budget-friendly flights. We at Travanya strive to make the booking experience for our customers as seamless as possible. Reach home in just a couple of hours as an average Sri Lanka to India flight time is just 2 hours 25 minutes.
Enjoy Bumper Deals On India to Sri Lanka Flights With Travanya
From picking your dream destination to getting you the cheapest flights, Travanya makes sure you have all the options on your table. If you are looking to save a few bucks on your India to Sri Lanka flight, our team will assist you with the most cost-effective flight deals. We know the value of your money, that is why, we arrange the services you deserve.
Whether you want to board a flight with your spouse or a group of friends, we have deals that are suitable for all. Right from booking your Sri Lanka flights from India to reaching the destination, our team will take care of all your travel-related doubts and queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are there any direct flights from India to Sri Lanka?
Answer: IndiGo Airlines, Jet Airways, Air India, and SriLankan Airlines fly direct to Sri Lanka from India.
Q: For which airport in Sri Lanka should I book my flights to?
Answer: There are 2 international airports in Sri Lanka, but the Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo is the most preferred.
Q: What does the India to Sri Lanka flight cost?
Answer: On average, one-way India to Sri Lanka flight prices can vary between INR 5500 to INR 9000. However, the Sri Lanka flight ticket price also depends on the route connectivity and availability of the flights.
Q: What is the time difference between India and Sri Lanka?
Answer: There is no time difference between India and Sri Lanka. Both India and Sri Lanka follow the IST time zone, UTC +5:30.
Q: How can I get a discount on the India to Sri Lanka flight ticket price?
Answer: Whether you want to fly at the last minute or have a long-planned vacation, Travanya has a plethora of travel deals. Call our customer support team and unlock some best deals for your travel plan without any hidden charges.