Get Discounts On Cheap Flights to Andaman
Trying to find cheap flight tickets to Andaman but additionally, also wishing for a tour and travel company to assist you with hotel accommodation and return ticket? Then your search ends here! Travanya provides their solo and group travellers with discounts and deals like no other! We guarantee you a memorable escapade to India’s most visited tourist attraction with facilities like a return ticket, hotel accommodation, and pick and drop facilities. Agents at Travanya are just a call away from a pampered experience!
Major Airlines Flying To Andaman
From India, the major airlines that fly mostly to Port Blair are Air India, IndiGo and GoAir, Spice Jet and Vistara.
Best Month To Book A Flight To Andaman
Being an island, the flight fare from October to April, the peak season, is no lesser than INR 14000, however, the off-seasons come with their little boons. From June to September, tickets to Andaman are around INR 5000 per person one way. Tuesday and Wednesdays are your best bet for cheap air tickets to IXZ. There are direct flights from Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad and Vizag. Most people don’t wish to fly at dawn, overnight or during the late evenings. These are the preferred time to hail cheap flight tickets to Andaman. The travel time from the major cities of India to the Union Territory takes about 2.5 to 4 hours.
|Major Airport ||Veer Savarkar International Airport (IXZ)|
|Nearby Airports|| Myeik Airport (MGZ), Myanmar (TVY)|
|Cheapest Airlines||Air India, Air India Express, Indigo, SpiceJet, etc.|
|Domestic Routes from Andaman Airport||Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Chennai, etc.|
Tips To Find Cheap Flights to Andaman
One of the best elements of travelling is in the time taken to plan out your visit, the anticipation of the fun times ahead makes you wish the days could go faster! Here are some ways in which you can book cheap flights to Andaman and enjoy knowing the fact that you did not overspend on travelling!
- Many tourists have affirmed the fact that it is better to book flights to Andaman three to six months in advance.
- A budget-friendly trip can be savoured from June to September, the low season.
- The notion that direct flights are cheaper than in-direct flights is a misconception. You can save a lot of money by opting for hopping flights or short lay-over ones.
- Booking flights after midnight has its benefits for the aware customer that websites have lesser traffic post-midnight.
- Flight tickets are usually higher on the weekends, as people usually plan a short weekend trip to Port Blair. That’s the reason why it is suggested to avoid booking flights on Monday’s, Friday’s or weekends, but on middays.
One of the eight Union Territories of India, Andaman and Nicobar Islands is famous for its sun-kissed white sandy beaches with sparkling blue waters is the perfect retreat. Situated at the South-Eastern edge of the Bay of Bengal, the Andaman archipelago offers a tropical climate moderated by the sea breeze, canopied by exotic mangrove forest and magnificent biodiversity, a plethora of seafood like no other and a variety of marine activities to de-stress you is a place to be at! Travel through reserves, interact with the tribe and on a clear night, head to Neil Island to see the waters transforming into a glittering ocean of stars. Here are a few places that are worth seeing if you are flying down to Andaman.
Places to Explore in Andaman
- Port Blair: Being the capital city of Andaman Island, it is a hub for tourists wanting to explore the many museums, rich marine life and water sports, flora and fauna. But long ago, it was named Kaalapani and has the history of our fight for the freedom associated with it. The major attraction is the Cellular Jain, i.e, infamous for India’s struggle for independence. You can also take a stroll through the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, relax at Corbyn’s Cove Beach and check out the Anthropological Museum.
- Havelock Island: Officially named Swaraj Dweep, the island has been in the spotlight of Andaman Tourism for a decade. From trekking through tropical jungles to swimming along with the exotic corals to indulging in scuba diving, Havelock has it all. With a lack of population density in the area, it is the best spot throughout Andaman to laze on the la of nature. The major attractions are Radhanagar Beach, Elephant Beach and Kalapathar Beach.
- Baratang Island: Searching for an ideal place to lounge under the palm trees and rejuvenate by having plenty of cheap authentic Indian dishes, this is your go-to place! Truly a paradise on Earth, this island has to offer you peace while also letting your adventurous spirit wander through boat rides and underwater explorations! You got to visit the Limestone Caves, Mud Volcanoes and Parrot Island.
- The Great Nicobar Island: If you are a naturalist or birder, the very last island of Andaman, the Southern Fortune is your destination. Visit the Great Nicobar Biosphere Reserve or the general areas of Campbell Bay to spot different birds like Nicobar megapode, Nicobar long-tailed macaque, Nicobar tree shrew, etc.
Shopping Sites in Andaman
- Aberdeen Bazaar: The main market of Port Blair is filled with roadside stalls and government established emporium that sell everything from simple household goods to unique handicrafts. Look out for colourful sarongs, carved wooden furniture and palm mats.
- Sagarika Government Emporium: It is a government establishment to advertise the hand-made invention of the localities and providing them with a platform to sell their work made of wood, seashells and jute. Items like handicrafts, legal seashells, wooden trinkets are sold.
- Queen Sea Covering Craft: Looking for a place to shop for souvenirs and gifts for family and friends? Queen Sea Shell Craft has got you covered. From earrings to chains, bracelets and bags, you can bargain your way out of here with plenty of goodies.
- Sunday Market: Aren’t flea markets the best thing that has happened to all of us shopaholics? And Andaman grants you with this desire of yours as well! There are Sunday Markets around the island where you can browse among stalls selling fresh fruits and vegetables, spices, seafood, bamboo cane crafts, shell ornaments and apparels.
Eating Spots in Andaman
- Full Moon Cafe in Havelock Island: The cool thatched roof, overlooking the sea gives a tranquil ambience to the place. The cafe is lively and comfortable, while the food is delicious and their masala chai is a must-try! It is a good spot to unwind on a hammock with a book in hand, sipping cardamom lime fizzes and tasting the scrumptious seafood.
- Annapurna Restaurant in Aberdeen Bazaar: Stepping into this renowned pure-vegetarian restaurant makes you instantly remember your high-school cafeteria serving delicious North Indian style carries served with South Indian hits like dosas, vadas and uttapams. They also offer Chinese cuisine which is popular amongst the locals.
- Adi Bengali in Port Blair: The name says it all, this restaurant serves Bengali dishes like fresh fish and spicy curries with a variety of vegetarian dishes that will definitely be a delight to your palate. As Andaman is largely populated by Bengali immigrants, you will find Bengali cuisines a part of the Andaman food.
- Anju Cuco in Havelock Island: An example of how a dream restaurant is! Famous for attending every customer with personalised serves, with sides of delicious variety and easy on the pocket, this resto will fill your tummy up with just the beauty and aroma of the food. However, don’t miss out on the best-grilled tuna on the island.
Getting Around in Andaman
Local buses, rickshaws, taxes and minibuses do run through Andamans, and if you are in for some sightseeing, you can hire a two-wheeler or cycles as well. The taxis are not very much recommended as they are insanely expensive.
Benefits Of Booking Andaman Flights With Travanya
Unlike other travel and tourism platforms, Travanya provides its customers with an exclusive amenity to personalizing their bookings. Unsure of when to go, or even where to go? Dust your hands off with these concerns, pack your bags and take off with us for an unforgettable escapade.
Looking for cheap flight tickets to Andaman? Travanya is at your disposal. Dust your hands off with the concerns of booking a flight to a travel package to Andaman, pack your bags and get ready to take off with us for an unforgettable escapade. Unlike other travel and tourism platforms, we at Travanya provide our customers with an exclusive amenity to personalize their bookings. With transparent flight fares and instant confirmation, we guarantee to make your Andaman flight ticket easy for your pockets!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long does it take to fly down to Port Blair from major cities of India?
Answer: Chennai to Port Blair (MAA – IXZ flights): Currently, there are 63 flights of major airlines like Air India, Go Air, Jet Airways and Spice Jet that fly to Port Blair. The flight duration is approx 2.5 hours.
Kolkata to Port Blair (CCU – IXZ flights): There are 63 flights of airlines like Jet Airways, Air India, Spice Jet, Go Air, Jet Lite, etc and it takes 2.5 hours to reach.
Flights from Bangalore and Mumbai are indirect flights via Chennai or Kolkata.
Q: What is the name and code of the Port Blair airport?
Answer: Officially, the airport is called Veer Savarkar International Airport and is situated 2km south of Port Blair. The code name of Andaman flights is IXZ.
Q: Planning a trip to Andaman for the first time. Is there something I should know of?
Answer: Although you must have already searched for the ‘Best Andaman tour packages’ and are brimming with information of what to do and where to visit. Travanya helps you in finding a tour operator to plan your trips according to your wish and guide you to the best tourist attractions on the island.
Q: What flights have started flying regularly to Port Blair in the current times?
Answer: IndiGo, SpiceJet, Air India, Go Air and Vistara have started regular IXZ flights.
Q: How many islands in Andaman are open for tourists?
Answer: Thirty-two of the main islands are open for tourists to visit, entry to the rest of the island is limited to research purposes only.