Get Discounts On Cheap Flights to Andaman
Trying to find cheap flight tickets to Andaman but additionally, also wishing for a tour and travel company to assist you with hotel accommodation and return ticket? Then your search ends here! We provides their solo and group travellers with discounts and deals like no other! We guarantee you a memorable escapade to India’s most visited tourist attraction with facilities like a return ticket, hotel accommodation, and pick and drop facilities. We are just a call away from a pampered experience!
Major Airlines Flying To Andaman
From India, the major airlines that fly mostly to Port Blair are Air India, IndiGo and GoAir, Spice Jet and Vistara.
Best Season To Book A Flight To Andaman
Being an island, the flight fare from October to April, the peak season, is no lesser than INR 14000, however, the off-seasons come with their little boons. From June to September, tickets to Andaman are around INR 5000 per person one way. Tuesday and Wednesday are your best bet for cheap air tickets to IXZ. There are direct flights from Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad and Vizag. Most people don’t wish to fly at dawn, overnight or during the late evenings. These are the preferred time to hail cheap flight tickets to Andaman. The travel time from the major cities of India to the Union Territory takes about 2.5 to 4 hours.
Major AirportVeer Savarkar International Airport (IXZ)Nearby AirportsMyeik Airport (MGZ), Myanmar (TVY)Cheapest AirlinesAir India, Air India Express, Indigo, SpiceJet, etc.Domestic Routes from Andaman AirportMumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Chennai, etc.
Tips To Find Cheap Flights to Andaman
One of the best elements of travelling is in the time taken to plan out your visit, the anticipation of the fun times ahead makes you wish the days could go faster! Here are some ways in which you can book cheap flights to Andaman and enjoy knowing the fact that you did not overspend on travelling!
- Many tourists have affirmed the fact that it is better to book flights to Andaman three to six months in advance.
- A budget-friendly trip can be savoured from June to September, the low season.
- The notion that direct flights are cheaper than in-direct flights is a misconception. You can save a lot of money by opting for hopping flights or short lay-over ones.
- Booking flights after midnight has its benefits for the aware customer that websites have lesser traffic post-midnight.
- Flight tickets are usually higher on the weekends, as people usually plan a short weekend trip to Port Blair. That’s the reason why it is suggested to avoid booking flights on Monday’s, Friday’s or weekends, but on middays.
Most Popular Flights
One of the eight Union Territories of India, Andaman and Nicobar Islands is famous for its sun-kissed white sandy beaches with sparkling blue waters is the perfect retreat. Situated at the South-Eastern edge of the Bay of Bengal, the Andaman archipelago offers a tropical climate moderated by the sea breeze, canopied by exotic mangrove forests and magnificent biodiversity, a plethora of seafood like no other and a variety of marine activities to de-stress you is a place to be at! Travel through reserves, interact with the tribe and on a clear night, head to Neil Island to see the waters transforming into a glittering ocean of stars. Here are a few places that are worth seeing if you are flying down to Andaman.
Places to Explore in Andaman
- Port Blair: Being the capital city of Andaman Island, it is a hub for tourists wanting to explore the many museums, rich marine life and water sports, flora and fauna. But long ago, it was named Kaalapani and has the history of our fight for freedom associated with it. The major attraction is the Cellular Jain, i.e, infamous for India’s struggle for independence. You can also take a stroll through the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, relax at Corbyn’s Cove Beach and check out the Anthropological Museum.
- Havelock Island: Officially named Swaraj Dweep, the island has been in the spotlight of Andaman Tourism for a decade. From trekking through tropical jungles to swimming along with the exotic corals to indulging in scuba diving, Havelock has it all. With a lack of population density in the area, it is the best spot throughout Andaman to laze on the la of nature. The major attractions are Radhanagar Beach, Elephant Beach and Kalapathar Beach.
- Baratang Island: Searching for an ideal place to lounge under the palm trees and rejuvenate by having plenty of cheap authentic Indian dishes, this is your go-to place! Truly a paradise on Earth, this island has to offer you peace while also letting your adventurous spirit wander through boat rides and underwater explorations! You got to visit the Limestone Caves, Mud Volcanoes and Parrot Island.
- The Great Nicobar Island: If you are a naturalist or birder, the very last island of Andaman, the Southern Fortune is your destination. Visit the Great Nicobar Biosphere Reserve or the general areas of Campbell Bay to spot different birds like Nicobar megapode, Nicobar long-tailed macaque, Nicobar tree shrew, etc.
Shopping Sites in Andaman
- Aberdeen Bazaar: The main market of Port Blair is filled with roadside stalls and government-established emporiums that sell everything from simple household goods to unique handicrafts. Look out for colourful sarongs, carved wooden furniture and palm mats.
- Sagarika Government Emporium: It is a government establishment to advertises the hand-made inventions of the localities and provides them with a platform to sell their work made of wood, seashells and jute. Items like handicrafts, legal seashells, and wooden trinkets are sold.
- Queen Sea Covering Craft: Looking for a place to shop for souvenirs and gifts for family and friends? Queen Sea Shell Craft has got you covered. From earrings to chains, bracelets and bags, you can bargain your way out of here with plenty of goodies.
- Sunday Market: Aren’t flea markets the best thing that has happened to all of us shopaholics? And Andaman grants you with this desire of yours as well! There are Sunday Markets around the island where you can browse among stalls selling fresh fruits and vegetables, spices, seafood, bamboo cane crafts, shell ornaments and apparel.
Eating Spots in Andaman
- Full Moon Cafe in Havelock Island: The cool thatched roof, overlooking the sea gives a tranquil ambience to the place. The cafe is lively and comfortable, while the food is delicious and their masala chai is a must-try! It is a good spot to unwind on a hammock with a book in hand, sipping cardamom lime fizzes and tasting the scrumptious seafood.
- Annapurna Restaurant in Aberdeen Bazaar: Stepping into this renowned pure-vegetarian restaurant you instantly remember your high-school cafeteria serving delicious North Indian style carries served with South Indian hits like dosas, vadas and uttapams. They also offer Chinese cuisine which is popular amongst the locals.
- Adi Bengali in Port Blair: The name says it all, this restaurant serves Bengali dishes like fresh fish and spicy curries with a variety of vegetarian dishes that will be a delight to your palate. As Andaman is largely populated by Bengali immigrants, you will find Bengali cuisines a part of the Andaman food.
- Anju Cuco in Havelock Island: An example of how a dream restaurant is! Famous for attending every customer with personalised serves, with sides of delicious variety and easy on the pocket, this resto will fill your tummy up with just the beauty and aroma of the food. However, don’t miss out on the best-grilled tuna on the island.
Getting Around in Andaman
Local buses, rickshaws, taxes and minibuses do run through Andamans, and if you are in for some sightseeing, you can hire a two-wheeler or cycles as well. The taxis are not very much recommended as they are insanely expensive.
Benefits Of Booking Andaman Flights With Travanya
Unlike other travel and tourism platforms, Travanya provides its customers with an exclusive amenity to personalizing their bookings. Unsure of when to go, or even where to go? Dust your hands off with these concerns, pack your bags and take off with us for an unforgettable escapade.
Looking for cheap flight tickets to Andaman? Dust your hands off with the concerns of booking a flight to a travel package to Andaman, pack your bags and get ready to take off with us for an unforgettable escapade. Unlike other travel and tourism platforms, we provide our customers with an exclusive amenity to personalize their bookings. With transparent flight fares and instant confirmation, we guarantee to make your Andaman flight ticket easy for your pockets!