About Rajbagh Beach
Rajbagh Beach, South Goa, located in the Canacona district (Canacona Taluk). It is also known as Raj Baga or Rajbaga. This beach is 4 kilometres south of the Palolem Beach. It is a well-known beach among tourists, famous for birdwatching and sightseeing. The beach itself is quite pleasant, attractive, and clean. It is roughly a kilometre long. It is separated from the nearby Patnem Beach resort up to the Talpona River mouth.
The Rajbag seacoast is lined with tall palm trees and dense pine trees. However, Rajbag Beach is not a private beach. It has a quite large number of visitors, mostly hotel guests. Both the hotel’s bar and restaurant on the beach are owned by the Rajbagh Resort. Rajbagh Beach Goa is one of the best places to explore in Goa, if you are traveling with your friends and family.
Rajbagh Beach Address: Rajbagh Beach, South Goa, India
Rajbagh Beach Pincode: 403702
How To Reach Rajbagh Beach
Rajbagh Beach is one of the best and cleanest beaches of South Goa. You can enjoy water sports activities, shopping, and pubs in Rajbagh Beach. A rented car, taxi, bus, or flight can easily available to commute to the Rajbagh Beach location.
How To Reach Rajbagh Beach By Auto Rickshaw
Auto Rickshaws are the most convenient mode of transportation. You can easily find these rickshaws outside the railway stations, airport, and bus stands. It is a cost-effective way to reach Rajbagh Beach. The cost can fluctuate as sometimes it depends on the meter.
How To Reach Rajbagh Beach By Air
To reach Rajbagh Beach Goa, you can have a comfortable trip by air. You can book your flights in advance to the Goa international airport. The Goa airport to Rajgha beach distance is about 62.2 km. However, it will take about 1 hour and 39 minutes to cover the distance from the airport. Many flight routes are well connected with the Dabolim Airport, Goa. So, you can easily get flight tickets from any major city.
How To Reach Rajbagh Beach By Road/Taxi/Bus/Car
If you are planning to travel by road, then there are plenty of options available. You can either take your car, a rented car, a bus, or a taxi. All the routes to Rajbagh Beach Goa are well constructed and maintained. By taking any mode of transportation, you can easily reach the Rajbagh Beach location.
|Bus Stand Names||Distance From Rajbagh beach||Time||Via|
|Assonora Bus Stand||100.4 km||2 hr 43 min ||Hathkhamba-Goa Rd|
|Bicholim Bus Stand||89.5 km||2 hr 25 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Canacona Bus Stand||26.8 km||43 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Cuncolim Bus Stand||26.8 km||43 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Curchorem Bus Stand||40.6 km||1 hr 10 min ||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Honda Bus Stand||81.5 km||2 hr 9 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Mapusa Bus Stand||83.0 km||2 hr 25 min||NH 66 and Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Marcela Bus Stand||73.4 km||2 hr 5 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Margao Bus Stand||38.8 km||1 hr 7 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Panaji Bus Stand||71.4 km||2 hr 2 min||NH 66 and Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Ponda Bus Stand||57.6 km||1 hr 40 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Sanquelim Bus Stand||82.0 km||2 hr 11 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
|Vasco Bus Stand||66.2 km||1 hr 48 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy|
How To Reach Rajbagh Beach By Rail
Cancona (9.1km) and Loliem (12.8km)are the nearest railway stations to the Rajbagh Beach location. The moment you deboard your rail here, you are surely going to get a lot of auto-rickshaws, buses, and other commuting options. You can take their assistance and reach the Rajbagh Beach place directly.
|Code ||Railway Station Name||Distance
From Agonda beach|
|VSG||Vasco da Gama||67.9 km|
|MAO||Madgaon Junction||40.0 km|
|SVM||Kudchade Sanvordem||41.8 km|
|MJO||Majorda Junction||45.9 km|
|VEN||Verna||6 kms |
|SJDA||San Juje Da Areyal||40.0 km|
How To Reach Rajbagh Beach By Ship/Ferries/Boats
Ferry services from the airport to Rajbagh Beach are available. The cost may be high but is not fixed. You can take a ferry from the airport to commute to the Beach. However, for more information, you can reach out to nearby tour guides.
How To Reach Rajbagh Beach From Panjim
To reach Rajbagh Beach South Goa, you can take any taxi, auto-rickshaw, or rented car from the Panjim Kadamba bus stand. The distance between the Panjim bus stand to Rajbagh beach is 70 km. From Panjim to Rajbagh Beach distance is about 72.8 km by road. It will take about 2 hours and 4 minutes to cover the distance from the NH 66 highway.
Best Time To Visit Rajbagh Beach
The best time to visit Rajbagh Beach is between October and March. However, March is the peak season. During this season, you can enjoy and see the beautiful sunset here. It’s a good time of year to visit Rajbagh Beach Goa. At this time, the weather is clear, and the temperature is pleasant. The visitors started to come here to visit the gorgeous sandy beach for which it is well known. However, you can also enjoy various Rajbagh Beach water sports activities.
Places To Visit Near Rajbagh Beach
Rajbagh Beach Goa is a haven for nature lovers and tranquilly seekers. It offers many options for commuting around the beach. Within a few kilometres of the Rajbagh, there are yoga centres, spa facilities, and other joined beaches. It offers daring and enjoyable activities to travellers.
- Palolem Beach Sunset Point: Palolem Beach, located on the Western Coast, is known for its breathtaking sunset views. On the beach, the bright sea and white sand are enticing. The exotic scenery on the beach is created by the breathtaking landscapes with palm trees.
- Turtle Beach: Turtle Beach is located in South Goa. This beach is famous for its shy Olive Ridley turtles. It is also known as the cultural capital of Goa. It is 9.8 km away from Rajbagh beach. Moreover, it will take about 16 minutes to cover the distance.
- Goa Jungle Adventure: Goa Jungle Adventure organizes outdoor activities in the jungle. These activities include trekking, cliff jumping, swimming, and abseiling. For these outdoor activities, it is required to have good swimming skills and good health. Distance from Rajbagh Beach: 4 km
Other Popular Beaches in Goa
Water Sports In Rajbagh Beach
Swim on the surface of the water. Take surfboards to the waves. Float through the sky. Rajbagh Beach water sports activities are famous among the tourists. From windsurfing to paragliding, you can enjoy every water activity here. Some of the water activities are:
- Kayaking:Kayaking mostly around the Talpona river is one of the famous water sports activities in Rajbagh Beach. You can also enjoy this activity in the neighbouring beaches Patnem and Palolem. However, sometimes they offer Night – Kayak adventures.
- Banana Ride: Banana rides are one of the few kid-friendly activities. Sitting in a six-seat banana-shaped raft while being pulled by a speedboat tumbling and pitching over undulating sea waves is truly thrilling.
- Parasailing: Parasailing is one of Rajbagh Beach’s most popular adventure sports. Your parachute is linked to a speedboat. You feel as though you’re flying like a bird when the boat swings in with full momentum.
|Water Activities||Where To Try||Best Season|
|Backwater Kayaking||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Banana Tube Boat Ride||Calangute, Agonda, Candolim, Palolem, Miramar, Baga, Vagator, Anjuna||October to March|
|Canyoning||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Dinghy Sailing||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Jet Skiing||Colva, Calangute, Candolim, Mobor, Miramar, Rajbaga beaches||October to March|
|Kayaking||Palolem Beach, Dona Paula, Hollant Beach||October to May|
|Parasailing||Dona Paula, Majorda, Anjuna, Bogmalo, Calangute, Colva, Candolim, Vagator||October to March|
|Ringo Ride||Mobor Beach||October|
|Scuba Diving||Grande Islands, St. George Island, Devagh Island, Pigeon Island, Netrani Islands||October to April|
|Snorkeling||Suzy’s Wreck, Bat Island and Navy Island situated near Bogmalo, Grande Island||October to March|
|Speed Boating||Malim Village, Umta Waddo, Britona Yacht Station||October to May|
|Upper Sauri Canyoning||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Water Zorbing||Umta Waddo||Summer|
|Yachts And Cruises||Mandovi River, Mayem Lake, Miramar Beach, Candolim Beach, Palolem Beach||October to May|
|Water Activities||Where To Try||Best Season|
|Kite Surfing||Vagator Beach, Baga Beach and Calangute Beach||January to March|
|Kneeboarding||Candolim Beach, Mobor Beach, Rajbaga Beach||October to June|
|Sport Fishing||Dona Paula region, Motor Beach, Sonalium||October to December|
|Surf Boarding||Arambol Beach, Baga Beach||May To September|
|Wakeboarding||Candolim Beach, Mabor Beach, Rajbaga Beach||October to May|
|White Water Rafting||Mhadei River, Tilari River||June to September|
|Winch Boat Parasailing||Motor Beach||All around the year|
|Windsurfing||Dona Paula Beach, Bogmalo Beach, Vagator Beach, Calangute, Colva, Palolem, Miramar, Baga Beach||January to March|
|Water Activities||Where To Try||Best Season|
|Paddleboarding||Candolim Beach, Mobor Beach, Rajbaga Beach||October to May|
|Water Skiing||Baga Beach, Candolim Beach, Calangute Beach, Arossim Beach, Mobor Beach, Utorda Beach||October to February|
|Flyboarding||Baina Beach||October to May|
Nightlife At Rajbagh Beach
Rajbagh Beach Goa is the ideal vacation spot for beach lovers. On this beach, you can enjoy distinctive Goa Rajbagh Beach nightlife. Many clubs and pubs around the beach are yet to be discovered. Here, you can spend some quiet time with yourself or your companion.
- Hammer Nightclub Goa: At Hammer Nightclub Goa, you will experience cutting-edge entertainment that will transform the Rajbagh Beach nightlife scene. It catches the city’s brightest Disco lights and music that will make you groove on the dance floor.
- Electronic Gathering DJ Night: Electronic Gathering DJ Night is a great place for people who love electrifying music and DJ parties. Rajbagh Beach is one of the best places to enjoy the nightlife. In the bar, you can easily get alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Nyex Club: The three-story Nyex club has an interior club on the top floor, a VIP lounge on the second floor, and an outdoor lounge deck with a stage on the ground floor. It’s right on the seaside, next to the Anjuna cliff. From the cliff, you can have amazing sunset views.
Places To Eat At Rajbagh Beach
If you plan to travel to Rajbagh Beach restaurants, you can have the best food services. Here, the quality of food is also amazing as well as the friendly staff. It is the best location to dine with your friends and families. The most famous restaurant is:
- Rutvi Restaurant – Fish and Veg Thali: Rutvi Restaurant – Fish and Veg Thali is famous for its vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. They provide you with all kinds of fish dishes such as Rawa fry fish. Within its veg thali, they serve authentic Indian food.
- USSR Restaurant: USSR Restaurant aims at providing the best experience to its customers. They offer highly palatable food. Its delicious food will make you crave it. Their creamy seafood, raw fried shark, and prawn biryani is a must-try here.
- Nirvana Cafe Bar & Restaurant: Nirvana Cafe Bar & Restaurant provides delightful food with an amazing ambience. This restaurant is famous for its speciality in authentic Goan food, Fast Food, Beverages, and Shakes. You can also enjoy delicious desserts here.
Places To Stay Near Rajbagh Beach
Rajbagh Beach is a beautiful place to stay and enjoy various activities. When talking about staying, Rajbagh Beach provides various options for you to live. You can stay at nearby residences, Rajbagh Beach hotels, resorts, cottages, or even shacks. Here are some of the places to stay near Rajbagh Beach.
- The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa: Near Rajbagh Beach resorts, there is a famous “The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa”. Their ambience is designed according to international standards. They have good food services and good hospitality. However, this resort is also equipped with a Golf course.
- Talpona Paradise Beach House: Talpona Paradise Beach House is right near the beautiful Talpona Beach. You can have wonderful experiences and views from their rooms. You will be spellbound after seeing the mesmerizing ambience from inside and outside. However, this place is best suited to couples, solo adventurers, and family and friends.
- Roundcube Patnem: Roundcube Patnem is surrounded by popular beaches like Patnem Beach and Agonda Beach. They provide mouth-watering delicious Goan and continental food. Roundcube Patnem has a well-maintained terrace and housekeeping services. You can capture the beautiful sea views from your room.
- The Pentacon Resort: In Goa, the Pentacon Resort is nestled amongst gorgeous beaches and lush greenery. The hotel features large rooms with air conditioning, a telephone, and an attached bathroom with hot and cold water on demand. For the comfort of the guests, room service is available.
Other Hotels Near Rajbagh Beach
- Casa Fiesta
- Sea Front Beach Huts Patnem
- Hotel Patnem Beach
- Pereira Bliss
- Patnem Beach Park
- Patnem Beach Cottage
- Om Shanti Patnem
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Hard Rock Hotel Goa
Bogmallo Beach Resort
Estrella Do Mar
Shopping At Rajbagh Beach
Shopaholics would enjoy Goa Rajbagh Beach, where they can purchase a variety of items. This location is well-known for its local stores, flea markets, and supermarkets, all of which provide excellent shopping opportunities for visitors.
- Canacona Fish Market: People who come to Canacona Fish Market always look for something special in the fish variety. They are ready to buy fish and seafood from this market. It is one of the largest fish markets in Goa. From locals to tourists, this market is a one-stop destination for them.
- Canacona Saturday Market: Canacona Saturday Market is a grocery store near Rajbagh Beach. Local people love to shop their grocery items from this market. Some grocery items like bread, oils, cereals, frozen foods, dairy products, cheese, or eggs are available here.
Shacks At Rajbagh Beach
Rajbagh Beach has popular five-star hotels, resorts, and beautiful shacks. Around the Rajbagh coastline, you can find numerous shacks from where you can enjoy the beautiful sunset. In these shacks, you will have the best experience. Here is the list of famous shacks around Rajbagh Beach.
- Bhakti Kutir: Bhakti Kutir shack near Rajbagh Beach has around twenty-two cabanas. They are set underneath the coconut trees. However, this shack also provides yoga and meditation classes. Moreover, here you can find Ayurveda clinics in case your health is not good. Also, it is a budget-friendly shack. So, you can plan to stay here.
- Sevas: Sevas shack is accessible from Rajbagh Beach. This shack will provide you with a hassle-free stay. You can render WiFi services, delighting food, and hospitality services. Sevas shack will rejuvenate you with its massage facilities like therapies and treatments. In the Ayurveda centre, you can have ayurvedic medicines at an affordable rate.
- Casa Fiesta: Casa Fiesta Beach Shack provides you with a budget-friendly stay. It offers a variety of services to make your experience memorable. Some services like doctor on call, safety lockers, laundry services, pick up/drop facility, room services, rental car services, and air-conditioned rooms. Other than this, they serve a wide range of multi cuisines.
Things To Keep In Mind
- If you’re going to the beach on a sunny day, remember to take SPF sunscreen to avoid sunspots and premature ageing of your skin.
- Participate in any aquatic sports. However, remember to keep yourself safe and follow all the guidelines. Also, adhere to the instructor’s directions.
- Book your hotels and resorts ahead of time. It’s possible that the resorts or hotel rooms won’t be accessible right away.
- If you want to go to the beach in the evening, be aware of the waves and keep an eye on your children.
Medical Facilities Near Rajbagh Beach
Rajbagh Beach Goa features one of India’s most advanced health systems. Primary health care is important for all visitors, which is easily accessible and affordable to society. At the Rajbagh Beach location, you can have access to nearby hospitals and clinics. They are open 24 hours. Some nearby hospitals are Hitaishi Hospital, Victor Hospital, Nagarsenkar’s Classic Hospital, five elements clinic, Damodar Ayurvedic clinic, and Ayurvedic Mahadeva Clinic.
- Community Health Center, Palolem
- Government Hospital, Canacona
- Clinic Of Advanced Medical And Palliative Care, Canacona
- Talpana Health Care Center, Canacona
|Beach Name||Famous For||Location||Distance|
|Rajbagh Beach||Have A Relaxing Time||Rajabagh, Tarir, Palolem, Canacona, Goa 403702||0 km|
|Patnem Beach||A quieter alternative to Palolem||South Goa, India||2.8 km|
|Palolem Beach||For Silent Night Disco||Palolem Beach, Canacona||5.5 km|
|Talpona Beach||For Serene Walks||Canacona region, South Goa||6.4 km|
|Galgibaga Beach||For Meditation||7 km from famous Palolem Beach||6.5 km|
|Butterfly Beach||For breathtaking sunsets||North of Palolem Beach ||9.9 km|
|Agonda Beach||For Dolphin spotting||Canacona in South Goa district, India||12.0 km|
|Kakolem Beach||Adventure sports||Kakolem Beach, South Goa||18.7 km|
|Cola Beach Goa||For Picnics||32 kilometres from Margao||20.0 km|
|Cavelossim Beach||For black lava rocks||South Goa||34.7 km|
|Mobor Beach||For Buying Colorful Handicrafts||South Goa, India||36.7 km|
|Betul Beach||For A Centuries-Old Fort||South Goa, India||37.9 km|
|Varca Beach||Experience Mesmerizing Vibe||Fatrade, Goa||38.1 km|
|Colva Beach||Happening Beach shacks & pubs||South Goa, India||41.9 km|
|Benaulim Beach||For peaceful vibes||South Goa, India||42.1 km|
|Betalbatim Beach||For A Swim||10.7 kilometres from Margao||46.5 km|
|Majorda Beach||A foodie’s paradise||South Goa, India||47.9 km|
|Utorda Beach||For Solitude||20.2 kilometres from Vasco da Gama||48.9 km|
|Arossim Beach||Beautiful White Sand And Palm Trees||Cansaulim, Goa||51.2 km|
|Velsao Beach||For Lakes Decorated With Lilies||South Goa, India||54.6 km|
|Siridao Beach||For Mysterious Caves||North Goa, India||63.4 km|
|Bogmalo Beach||For Adventure Activities||South Goa, India||64.7 km|
|Hollant Beach||For Idyllic Spots||Bogmalo, Goa||65.1 km|
|Bambolim Beach||For Natural Beauty||North Goa, India||66.2 km|
|Odxel Beach||For Amazing Nightlife||Panaji, India||71.0 km|
|Vainguinim Beach||For Chill Vibes||Panaji, Goa||71.8 km|
|Dona Paula Beach||For Dolphin Watching||Panaji, Goa||72.6 km|
|Miramar Beach||For Golden Sands||Panaji, Goa||73.1 km|
|Coco Beach Goa||For Watersports||Nerul, Goa||80.4 km|
|Candolim Beach||Known for scrubbed sand dunes||Bardez, Goa||81.9 km|
|Sinquerim Beach||Try water sports||Bardez sub-district, North Goa, India ||82.8 km|
|Calangute Beach||Indulge in authentic seafood||Bardez, Goa||84.6 km|
|Baga Beach||The best beach of Goa||Bardez, Goa, India||87.4 km|
|Vagator Beach||Best private beaches in Goa||Mapusa, Goa||89.2 km|
|Chapora Beach||For Peace Seekers & Lovers||North Goa, India||90.0 km|
|Ozran Beach||For Beautiful Coastlines||Bardez Goa||90.2 km|
|Anjuna Beach||Known for its rock formations||North Goa, India||90.6 km|
|Mandrem Beach||For blazing sunsets||North Goa, India||98.0 km|
|Morjim Beach||For some serene atmosphere||North Goa, India||98.5 km|
|Ashwem Beach||For Meeting Tiny Turtles||North Goa, India||101.5 km|
|Kalacha Beach||For Sweet Water Lagoon||North Goa, India||106.0 km|
|Arambol Beach||For families and budget vacations||North Goa, India||106.2 km|
|Querim Beach||For Pleasant Scenery||North Goa, India||113.8 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the vegetarian restaurants near Rajbagh Beach?
Ans. Little World, Shree Ganesha Pure Veg Restaurant, and Udupi Veg Restaurant are famous vegetarian restaurants near Rajbagh Beach.
Q. Name two Rajbagh beach facing hotels?
Ans. The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort and Marron Sea View Point are among the best beach facing hotels in Rajbagh Beach.
Q. What is the entry time at Rajbagh Beach?
Ans. Rajbagh Beach is open from morning 5 am to evening 10 pm. The preferable time to visit this place is from October to March.
Q. Are there any entry fees at the Beach?
Ans. There is no entry fee at Rajbagh Beach.
Q. How can I reach Dolphin Cruise from Rajbagh Beach?
Ans. From Rajbagh Beach, you can take a ferry ride on a Dolphin cruise to experience the Dolphins playing in the sea.
Q. Name three hotels for candlelight dinner?
Ans. The Pentacon Resort, Marron Sea View Point, and Om Shanti Patnem Resort are popular candlelight dinners. This beach is a very quiet place to enjoy with your partner.
Q. Can you suggest the best casinos near the beach?
Ans. Deltin Royale, The Zuri White Sands, and Casino Pride are Rajbagh Beach famous casinos.
Q. What are the best cottages near Rajbagh Beach?
Ans. Patnem Beach Cottage, Patnem Garden Resort & Spa, Goa Beach Rajbagh, and Nest Cottages are the best cottages that you can find near Rajbagh Beach or neighbouring beaches.
Q. What is the distance between Dudhsagar to Rajbagh Beach?
Ans. From Dudhsagar to Rajbagh Beach, the distance is about 72.3 km. However, it will take 2 hours and 10 minutes to cover this distance.
Q. How much is the taxi/bus fare from Dudhsagar to Rajbagh Beach?
Ans. Bus or taxi fare depends on how much distance you will be covering. For instance, the taxi fare is high compared with the bus. So, traveling by bus will be more convenient.
Q. Is walking around the beach at night safe?
Ans. Rajbagh Beach is a very beautiful beach to walk around. Many people also plan their wedding during day or night time. So, it is safe to commute around the beach.
Q. Can you tell me the best Rajbagh beach goa hotels to stay?
Ans. Art Resort Goa, Dream of Palolem Beach Resort, Casa Fiesta, and Roundcube Patnem are the best hotels to stay near Rajbagh Beach.
Q. Is Rajbagh Beach located in North Goa?
Ans. No, Rajbagh Beach is located in south Goa.