About Chapora Beach
The beautiful Chapora beach in North Goa is great for those who want to enjoy a beautiful sunset. It is a very relaxing experience that you may have at Chapora Beach Goa. It is one of the most prominent Portuguese landmarks, and is located on this stretch of shoreline.
It is still one of Goa’s busiest beaches. Near Chapora beach, there are a lot of restaurants and beach cafés that serve delicious seafood and drinks. Moreover, there are numerous clubs and pubs on Chapora Beach. It is one of the best places to have an amazing nighttime experience.
Overall, Chapora Beach is the spot to go for adventure seekers. If you are a leisure enthusiast and eager to make the most of your weekend vacation memorable, then visit Chapora Beach.
Chapora Beach Address: Chapora Beach, Chapora, North Goa, India
Chapora Beach Pincode: 403519
How To Reach Chapora Beach
Chapora beach in Goa has its own unique beauty and is one of the state’s most well-known destinations. Several buses run between Mapusa and Panjim to Chapora Beach location. Renting motorcycles and cabs are also options for reaching Chapora Beach. However, you can also take a flight to Goa international airport, Dabolim airport.
How To Reach Chapora Beach By Auto Rickshaw
From Goa international airport, Chapora Beach is about 45 km away. So, the auto-rickshaw fare is approximately INR 1000 or more. Sometimes the fare depends on the meter. That is why the price of auto-rickshaws is not fixed. It fluctuates most of the time depending on the availability and demand. However, you can easily find an auto rickshaw from a bus stand or airport.
How To Reach Chapora Beach By Air
Goa airport to Chapora Beach distance is around 45 kilometres. The main Goa Airport is connected to the various cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kerala, etc. To reach Chapora Beach Goa, you can hire a car, taxi, or take a bus. Buses are comparatively cheaper than car rentals.
How To Reach Chapora Beach By Road/Taxi/Bus/Car
To reach Chapora Beach Goa, you can hire a taxi or a cab. A taxi can be easily accessible outside the airport. However, you can also take a bus from Mapusa or Panjim. Taxis or buses are considered the most convenient mode of transportation. It will cost around INR 7 to INR 8 per kilometre. You can also drive your own car to reach the Chapora Beach location.
|Bus Stand Names||Distance From Chapora beach||Time||Via|
|Mapusa Bus Stand||9.5 km||24 minute||Mapusa – Anjuna – Chapora Rd|
|Panaji Bus Stand||19.3 km||43 minute||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy and Mapusa – Anjuna – Chapora Rd|
|Assonora Bus Stand||22.1 km||48 minute||Mapusa – Bicholim Rd|
|Bicholim Bus Stand||27.4 km||1 hour||Bicholim Rd|
|Sanquelim Bus Stand||35.3 km||1 hour 15 minute||SH 1|
|Marcela Bus Stand||37.4 km||1 hour 5 minute||NH748 and NH 66|
|Honda Bus Stand||40.2 km||1 hour 24 minute||SH 1|
|Vasco Bus Stand||47.0 km||1 hour 30 minute||NH 66|
|Ponda Bus Stand||48.6 km||1 hour 25 minute||NH748|
|Margao Bus Stand||51.1 km||1 hour 37 minute||NH 66|
|Cuncolim Bus Stand||63.1 km||1 hour 58 minute||NH 66|
|Curchorem Bus Stand||73.0 km||2 hour 6 minute ||NH748|
|Canacona Bus Stand||87.3 km||2 hour 38 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy and NH 66|
How To Reach Chapora Beach By Rail
Thivim (19.4km) is the nearest railway station to Chapora Beach. Moreover, Karmali (32.5km) and Pernem (20.1km) are the other two nearest railway stations. The approximate time to cover distance depends on which state you started your railway journey. For instance, reaching Chapora Beach place from Mumbai will take about 9 to 10 hours.
|Code||Railway Station Name||Distance From Chapora beach|
|MJO||Majorda Junction||46.4 km|
|VSG||Vasco da Gama||46.9 km|
|MAO||Madgaon Junction||53.1 km|
|SJDA||San Juje Da Areyal||58.8 km|
|SVM||Kudchade Sanvordem||72.5 km|
How To Reach Chapora Beach By Ship/Ferries/Boats
To reach Chapora Beach, there are no ferry rides available. Ferry rides can be costlier too. So, if you want to visit here, you can choose from any other mode of transportation. It will be more convenient and affordable at the same time. However, you can also get in touch with a travel agent for more details.
How To Reach Chapora Beach From Panjim
The Panjim to Chapora beach distance is around 22 kilometres apart. You can either rent a car or ride a scooter from Panji to Chapora Beach via Aguada-Siolim Rd. It could take an hour to get there. The local bus service, on the other hand, is a far less expensive option. Buses frequently run to Chapora Beach North Goa, taking up to 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Best Time to Visit Chapora Beach
The months of March and November are ideal for visiting Chapora beach. The weather is quiet and beautiful throughout this season. It allows tourists to participate in a variety of Chapora Beach water sports activities. If you enjoy strolling along the beach during the rainy season, you should visit between June and August. Other than that, it is one of the best places to enjoy a mesmerizing sunset.
Places to Visit Near Chapora Beach
Chapora Beach Goa is one of the well-known destinations. This beach is famous for its restaurants, shacks, food, and beautiful sunset. Here are some of the most prominent locations that you must visit while you are in Goa.
- Chapora Fort: The Portuguese built the fort and is well known for its role in the Hindi film ‘Dil Chahta Hai.’ With the gorgeous sea as a backdrop, the fort is a popular spot for taking photos with friends and family and watching the sunset.
- Little Vagator: Little Vagator, known for its natural beauty. This place is regularly used for filming and is a haven for stargazers. Because it is located a short distance from Vagator Beach, the beach is sometimes known as Little Vagator.
- Ozran Cliff: Ozran Beach is one of Goa’s most beautiful beaches. This beach cliff is extremely popular among tourists. It offers a picture-perfect view of the coastline from the Ozran Cliff. You can visit here anytime, but it is recommended to visit during sunset.
Other Popular Beaches in Goa
Water Sports In Chapora Beach
Chapora Beach water sports activities are very famous among the visitors. They enjoy different activities. Some of the most amazing water sports activities are:
- Scuba Diving: Discover a diversity of sea plants and aquatic animals by diving into the divine sea. The Chapora Beach is an ideal location for both experienced and novice divers to enjoy the underwater world.
- Boat Riding: Boating is a great alternative for families looking for a more discreet way to appreciate the tranquil sea. They are indulging in enjoyment with their family and friends. Also, you will love to see beautiful scenic moments while riding a boat.
- Jet Skiing: Another water sport that Chapora Beach is well-known for is jet skiing. The beach offers some of the best top Jet Skis that can be experienced by both professional skiers and first-time riders.
|Water Activities||Where To Try||Best Season|
|Backwater Kayaking||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Banana Tube Boat Ride||Calangute, Agonda, Candolim, Palolem, Miramar, Baga, Vagator, Anjuna||October to March|
|Canyoning||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Dinghy Sailing||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Jet Skiing||Colva, Calangute, Candolim, Mobor, Miramar, Rajbaga beaches||October to March|
|Kayaking||Palolem Beach, Dona Paula, Hollant Beach||October to May|
|Parasailing||Dona Paula, Majorda, Anjuna, Bogmalo, Calangute, Colva, Candolim, Vagator||October to March|
|Ringo Ride||Mobor Beach||October|
|Scuba Diving||Grande Islands, St. George Island, Devagh Island, Pigeon Island, Netrani Islands||October to April|
|Snorkeling||Suzy’s Wreck, Bat Island and Navy Island situated near Bogmalo, Grande Island||October to March|
|Speed Boating||Malim Village, Umta Waddo, Britona Yacht Station||October to May|
|Upper Sauri Canyoning||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Water Zorbing||Umta Waddo||Summer|
|Yachts And Cruises||Mandovi River, Mayem Lake, Miramar Beach, Candolim Beach, Palolem Beach||October to May|
|Water Activities||Where To Try||Best Season|
|Kite Surfing||Vagator Beach, Baga Beach and Calangute Beach||January to March|
|Kneeboarding||Candolim Beach, Mobor Beach, Rajbaga Beach||October to June|
|Sport Fishing||Dona Paula region, Motor Beach, Sonalium||October to December|
|Surf Boarding||Arambol Beach, Baga Beach||May To September|
|Wakeboarding||Candolim Beach, Mabor Beach, Rajbaga Beach||October to May|
|White Water Rafting||Mhadei River, Tilari River||June to September|
|Winch Boat Parasailing||Motor Beach||All around the year|
|Windsurfing||Dona Paula Beach, Bogmalo Beach, Vagator Beach, Calangute, Colva, Palolem, Miramar, Baga Beach||January to March|
|Water Activities||Where To Try||Best Season|
|Paddleboarding||Candolim Beach, Mobor Beach, Rajbaga Beach||October to May|
|Water Skiing||Baga Beach, Candolim Beach, Calangute Beach, Arossim Beach, Mobor Beach, Utorda Beach||October to February|
|Flyboarding||Baina Beach||October to May|
Nightlife At Chapora Beach
Many people prefer spending their weekends visiting an exotic pub or club to enjoy their night. These entertainment venues offer the ideal combination of a relaxed atmosphere and excellent food. Goa Chapora Beach nightlife is nothing less than a lifetime experience, which you will forever cherish. Each one’s interiors are created and illuminated in a way that will awaken your soul.
- 9Bar Goa: In Goa, the 9 bar is known for its psychedelic nights. This is a must-visit for any psytrance enthusiast because the party lasts till late at night. So, add this place to your list to have some amazing time with your friends.
- Rudy’s Bar And Grill: Rudy’s Bar And Grill is also famous for its nightlife and delicious food. It has a friendly staff at the bar. They serve every type of drink (Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic). You will get entertained by its night parties and electrifying music.
- Club Santorini: Club Santorini is famous for its trance music at parties. People dance on the floor while grooving to the music. Many international DJ’s were invited here for the parties. They also serve cocktail drinks and authentic Goan food.
Places To Eat At Chapora Beach
As a well-known destination, Chapora Beach restaurants are also famous for its cuisines. Here, restaurants provide a wide variety of healthy food options like vegetarian food, gluten-free food, and vegan food. Below is the list of the best restaurants near Chapora Beach.
- Welcome Restaurant & Juice Bar: Welcome restaurants & Juice Bar is well-known for its diverse selection of organic juices and beverages. The restaurant serves everything from fresh fruit bowls to ice cream and fresh fruit juice.
- Sunrise Restaurant: Sunrise Restaurants serves a blend of different popular cuisines. They serve Chinese, biryani, Punjabi, Multicuisine, Seafood, Barbeque, Tandoori, and Fast food. Sunrise Restaurant aims at providing a good food experience to its customers.
- Oppa’s Restaurant: Oppa’s Restaurant is one of the best restaurants in North Goa. They serve the best juicy beef steak along with other multi cuisines. You will enjoy the soothing classical and trance music while eating your food.
Places To Stay Near Chapora Beach
Chapora Beach hotels are equipped with free WiFi, a restaurant, BBQ facilities, Bar, a Coffee shop, Nightclub, car parking, and many other extravagant amenities. You can find king size rooms and cottage-style accommodations. Here are some of the best hotels near Chapora Beach to stay.
- CASA Vagator: At Casa Vagator, you may stay in Goa’s hottest spot. The location’s steep cliffs provide some of Goa’s most beautiful views. Located near Chapora Beach is equipped with prominent services and a ton of accommodations.
- Marine Bay Chapora: Marine Bay Chapora is a five-room property in a historic Goan-Portuguese style house. It has been transformed into a resort. This resort overlooks the lovely Chapora river and is very close to the Chapora jetty. It also provides an authentic view of Goan life.
- The Grand Leoney Resort: The Grand Leoney Resort is a short walk from the Chapora Fort. It offers exquisite accommodations with top-of-the-line amenities such as a bar, a swimming pool, laundry service, free vehicle parking, and a 24*7 front desk service.
Other Hotels Near Chapora Beach
- Urja Resort
- Humming Wood
- Coco’s Resort
- 3102bce – A Vedic Resort
- W Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Hard Rock Hotel Goa
Bogmallo Beach Resort
Estrella Do Mar
Shopping At Chapora Beach
Travellers may buy a variety of seaside decorations, clothing, and souvenirs at Chapora Beach. It also includes Goa Handicrafts, Shell Work, Bass ornaments, and more. There are several jewellery shops in the neighbourhood of the beach. You may go shopping for some unique stores and Goa-made jewellery.
- Chapora Fish Market: At Chapora Fish Market, you can buy large varieties of fish, prawns, pomfret, crabs, lobsters, kingfish, and mussels. This is located near the village, where both locals and visitors buy fresh seafood from this market.
- Chapora Fort Flea Market: Chapora Fort Flea Market is a weekly market that runs from morning to sunset. This is one of Goa’s most important tourist markets. Unspoiled, unruled, and chaotic, yet full of different shops selling various products.
Shacks at Chapora Beach
The beach shacks in North Goa are the finest spots to unwind, eat delicious food, and listen to live music. All of this while sitting on comfortable recliners, enjoying a fresh wind, and staring out over the sea. The most popular Chapora Beach shacks are:
- Unknown Isolated Shack: The Anjuna Flea Market is held every Wednesday. Here, you can get almost every type of commodity, whether it’s home decor, clothing, spices, musical instruments etc. Also, there are many street-side vendors here providing delectable fast food. Make sure you try them out as well.
- Sea Gull Beach Shack: The Sea Gull Beach Resort offers dining, wine, and a very relaxed ambience. This makes it the ideal place to escape the scorching sun. A wide range of delicacies and snacks, as well as a selection of beverages, are available here.
- Curlies Beach Shack: Curlies Beach Shack offers beachfront lodgings and amenities such as a bar. A restaurant, a 24-hour front desk, and room service, as well as free WiFi, are available at this shack. Family rooms are also available at the guesthouse.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Choose a good restaurant or shack for dining. Eating from less popular restaurants or anywhere around the beach can cause harm to your health.
- Keep your belongings safe with you, especially the bag you are carrying money in while travelling to Chapora Beach location.
- Always try to choose a cheaper mode of transportation or a budget-friendly vehicle. This way you can save your money too.
Medical Facilities Near Chapora Beach
You can visit a few hospitals and clinics for medical services, such as Adolescent Health Clinic, St. Anthony’s Hospital, Mathew Braganza Hospital, and Government Health Care Center. These are located near the shore and operate for 24 hours. However, in the event of an emergency, doctors are also available 24 hours. You should also have your own emergency medicine and first aid kit with you. Moreover, you can also take help from nearby residencies or localities.
- Adolescent Health Clinic
- Vagator Clinic
- St. Anthony’s Hospital
- Dr.Ravinder Singh Chhikara MBBS,MD MEDICAL CLINIC
- Dr. Vasudev Dukle
- Dr. Dukle’s Hospital & Research Center
- Siolim pathology laboratory
Distance of Other Beaches From Chapora Beach
|Beach Name||Famous For||Location||Distance|
|Chapora Beach||For Peace Seekers & Lovers||North Goa, India||–|
|Vagator Beach||Best private beaches in Goa||Mapusa, Goa||1.1 km|
|Candolim Beach||Known for scrubbed sand dunes||Bardez, Goa||12.1 km|
|Mandrem Beach||For blazing sunsets||North Goa, India||12.7 km|
|Morjim Beach||For some serene atmosphere||North Goa, India||13.2 km|
|Sinquerim Beach||Try water sports||Bardez sub-district, North Goa, India ||14.3 km|
|Ashwem Beach||For Meeting Tiny Turtles||North Goa, India||14.4 km|
|Coco Beach Goa||For Watersports||Nerul, Goa||15.9 km|
|Arambol Beach||For families and budget vacations||North Goa, India||19.2 km|
|Kalacha Beach||For Sweet Water Lagoon||North Goa, India||19.6 km|
|Ozran Beach||For Beautiful Coastlines||Bardez Goa||2.7 km|
|Miramar Beach||For Golden Sands||Panaji, Goa||24.9 km|
|Bambolim Beach||For Natural Beauty||North Goa, India||25.6 km|
|Querim Beach||For Pleasant Scenery||North Goa, India||26.7 km|
|Siridao Beach||For Mysterious Caves||North Goa, India||27.4 km|
|Dona Paula Beach||For Dolphin Watching||Panaji, Goa||27.5 km|
|Odxel Beach||For Amazing Nightlife||Panaji, India||29.1 km|
|Vainguinim Beach||For Chill Vibes||Panaji, Goa||29.8 km|
|Velsao Beach||For Lakes Decorated With Lilies||South Goa, India||43.1 km|
|Bogmalo Beach||For Adventure Activities||South Goa, India||45.9 km|
|Arossim Beach||Beautiful White Sand And Palm Trees||Cansaulim, Goa||46.2 km|
|Hollant Beach||For Idyllic Spots||Bogmalo, Goa||46.2 km|
|Utorda Beach||For Solitude||20.2 kilometres from Vasco da Gama||46.8 km|
|Majorda Beach||A foodie’s paradise||South Goa, India||48.1 km|
|Anjuna Beach||Known for its rock formations||North Goa, India||5.7 km|
|Betalbatim Beach||For A Swim||10.7 kilometres from Margao||50.1 km|
|Colva Beach||Happening Beach shacks & pubs||South Goa, India||52.3 km|
|Benaulim Beach||For peaceful vibes||South Goa, India||54.2 km|
|Varca Beach||Experience Mesmerizing Vibe||Fatrade, Goa||60.6 km|
|Cavelossim Beach||For black lava rocks||South Goa||65.4 km|
|Mobor Beach||For Buying Colorful Handicrafts||South Goa, India||67.3 km|
|Betul Beach||For A Centuries-Old Fort||South Goa, India||68.5 km|
|Baga Beach||The best beach of Goa||Bardez, Goa, India||7.6 km|
|Kakolem Beach||Adventure sports||Kakolem Beach, South Goa||78.7 km|
|Calangute Beach||Indulge in authentic seafood||Bardez, Goa||8.2 km|
|Cola Beach Goa||For Picnics||32 kilometres from Margao ||82.1 km|
|Butterfly Beach||For breathtaking sunsets||North of Palolem Beach ||86.2 km|
|Palolem Beach||For Silent Night Disco||Palolem Beach, Canacona||88.2 km|
|Agonda Beach||For Dolphin spotting||Canacona in South Goa district, India||88.3 km|
|Patnem Beach||A quieter alternative to Palolem||South Goa, India||88.6 km|
|Rajbagh Beach||Have A Relaxing Time||Rajabagh, Tarir, Palolem, Canacona, Goa 403702||89.8 km|
|Talpona Beach||For Serene Walks||Canacona region, South Goa||92.6 km|
|Galgibaga Beach||For Meditation||7 km from famous Palolem Beach||92.7 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Name some casinos near Chapora Beach?
Ans. CASA Vagator, Marine Bay Chapora, Amour Resort, and W Goa are the most famous casinos near Chapora Beach.
Q. What are the best hotels for candlelight dinner at Chapora Beach?
Ans. Antares Restaurant & Beach Club and Fishtail Bar & Restaurant are the best Chapora Beach Goa hotels for enjoying candlelight dinner.
Q. Can I ride on a Dolphin Cruise from Chapora Beach?
Ans. There are various travel agents and guides available on the beach. You can reach out to them for information regarding Dolphin Cruise.
Q. What is the entry fee at Chapora Beach?
Ans. No entry fee is charged from the visitor. So, you can come here freely and enjoy all the water activities.
Q. Is this beach open for 24 hours?
Ans. Generally, Chapora Beach is open 24 hours. You can visit here anytime.
Q. Are there any Chapora beach facing hotels?
Ans. Amour Resort, Pappi Chulo, CASA Vagator, and Marine Bay Chapora are the beach-facing hotels near Chapora Beach.
Q. Can you suggest the two best vegetarian restaurants?
Ans. Welcome Restaurant & Juice Bar and Pet Pooja Pure Veg Restaurant are the two most popular vegetarian hotels near the beach.
Q. Is this beach located in North Goa?
Ans. Yes, Chapora Beach is located in North Goa. It is one of the best beaches and spots in North Goa.
Q. Can I visit here at night?
Ans. You can visit Chapora Beach anytime, whether it is morning or night. It is open for 24 hours every week.
Q. Is visiting Chapora Beach at night safe?
Ans. Chapora Beach is one of the best and safest beaches located in North Goa.
Q. Where to stay in Chapora Beach?
Ans. There are plenty of options to stay near Chapora Beach. You can stay at Chapora Beach resorts, hotels, shacks, cottages, or any residency near the beach.
Q. What are the best two cottages near Chapora Beach?
Ans. Ozran Heights Beach Resort and La Riviere are among the best two cottages near Chapora Beach.
Q. How much is the distance from Dudhsagar to Chapora Beach?
Ans. The distance between Dudhsagar to Chapora Beach is 89.4 km. It will take about 2 hours and 31 minutes to cover this distance.
Q. Is the fare price high for a bus/taxi from Dudhsagar to Chapora Beach?
Ans. For taxis, the fare is high from Dudhsagar to Chapora Beach. However, the comparatively fare of the bus is less than the taxi.