About Candolim Beach, Goa, India
Candolim Beach truly pulsates colourful nightlife and thrilling water sports. Located 15 km from Panjim on the North Goa side, this is one of Goa’s best beaches. Also known as the “Gateway to other popular beaches”,
Candolim is a quiet and serene beach that offers visitors fewer crowds and a perfect environment to just laze around. The Candolim beach in North Goa is dotted with numerous shops, beach shacks, restaurants and water sports activities opportunities.
One thing which makes Candolim beach very famous from other beaches is that it is the main venue for all Sunburn festivals in Goa. If you are someone who is interested in the spellbound beautiful scenery, slow party vibes and adventure sports, then Candolim Beach Goa is your place.
Candolim Beach Address: Candolim Beach, Candolim Beach Rd, Candolim, North Goa, Pincode: 403515
How To Reach Candolim Beach
Candolim beach Goa is a famous beach. That is why it is effortless to commute from any part of the country to its location. From the air, rail, the road to water, all modes of transport are available to directly take you to Candolim beach location.
How To Reach Candolim Beach By Auto Rickshaw
When it comes to reaching Candolim Beach North Goa, Auto rickshaws are one of the easiest and readily available modes of transport. In the entire Goa, you will find auto-rickshaws everywhere from the railway station, bus stand to the airport. All of them can provide you with a ride to Candolim beach from any location of Goa at an affordable price.
How To Reach Candolim Beach By Air
If you are looking for a comfortable travel experience, then booking your flights to Goa International Airport or Dabolim airport would be the best choice. The Goa Airport to Candolim beach distance is approximately 29 kilometres. You can take a taxi, bus, cab, or auto-rickshaw from the airport for a ride to Candolim beach.
How To Reach Candolim Beach By Road/Taxi/Bus/Car
The Candolim beach is around 11 km from the main city centre. Thus it is pretty easy to reach the beach easily from any part of Goa. The transport corporation of Goa offers bus services that connect Candolim beach locations to different parts of Goa. Other than that, the state and national highways are also well constructed, so you can also book bus tickets from major cities like Pune, Mumbai and Delhi. Rental cabs or taxis are also available from these cities.
|Bus Stand Names||Distance From Candolim beach||Time||Via|
|Mapusa Bus Stand||10.3 KM||26 min||Calangute – Mapusa Road|
|Panaji Bus Stand||10.7 KM||24 min||Betim –Verem–Saligao Rd and Verem – Nerul Rd|
|Assonora Bus Stand||24.7 KM||50 min||Mapusa – Bicholim Rd|
|Bicholim Bus Stand||29.5 KM||58 min||Bicholim Rd|
|Marcela Bus Stand||29.8 KM||48min||NH748|
|Vasco Bus Stand||38.1 KM ||1 hr 5 min||NH366 and NH 66|
|Sanquelim Bus Stand||40.6 KM||1 hr 8 min||NH748|
|Ponda Bus Stand||41 KM||1 hr 8 min||NH748|
|Honda Bus Stand||43.4 KM||1 hr 10 min||NH748|
|Margao Bus Stand||43.5 KM||1 hr 16 min||NH 66|
|Cuncolim Bus Stand||55.4 KM||1 hr 38 min||NH 66|
|Curchorem Bus Stand||61.2 KM||1 hr 50 min ||Curchorem – Ponda Rd and NH 66|
|Canacona Bus Stand||79.6 km||2 hr 18 min||Panvel – Kochi – Kanyakumari Hwy and NH 66|
How To Reach Candolim Beach By Rail
The nearest railway station to Candolim beach location is Vasco Da Gama (39.5km) and Karmali (23km) respectively. There are many other railway stations located near Candolim beach like Karmli Junction, Pernem and Majorda Junction. Outside all railway stations, you will find taxis and auto-rickshaws, which can take you directly to Candolim beach.
|Code||Railway Station Name||Distance From Candolim beach|
|MJO||Majorda Junction||39 km|
|VSG||Vasco da Gama||39.5 km|
|MAO||Madgaon Junction||45.5 km|
|SJDA||San Jose De Areal||51.1 km|
|SVM||Kudchade Sanvordem||61 km|
How To Reach Candolim Beach By Ship/Ferries/Boats
The ferry terminal provides ferries from Dabolim Airport to Candolim beach in North Goa. While ship and ferry services are not available from major nearby cities, you can take boat rides from different beaches in North Goa directly to Candolim beach location.
How To Reach Candolim Beach From Panjim (Capital Of Goa)
Candolim Beach Goa is a beautiful shoreline that is located right in the city centre area of Panjim. The Panjim to Candolim beach distance is approximately 13.6 km. It will take about 20-30 minutes to cover this distance. You can choose a bus ride which will cost you INR 30-40, or you could opt for a taxi from Panjim.
Best Time To Visit Candolim Beach
Candolim Beach Goa, just like other beaches, is comfortable to visit any time of the year. However, to experience the best sunsets, water sports and night parties, the winter season is the ideal time to plan your visit to Candolim beach. The time period between November to April offers great climatic conditions and joyful vibes around the beachside. The temperature generally ranges from 20-30 degrees Celsius, which also makes it comfortable for sunbathing and sightseeing activities at Candolim beach.
Unique And Famous Places To Visit Near Candolim Beach
One of the longest beaches in Goa, the Candolim beach location also allows its visitors to explore many famous attractions. There are many tourist attractions located close to the beach and should be visited by tourists.
- Aguada Fort: Well preserved Aguada Fort is one of the best places to visit near Candolim beach. Fort Aguada is a four-story building that is the oldest of its kind in Asia. The fort has many secret pathways and a citadel as well.
Distance from Candolim Beach: 5.2km.
- Sinquerim Fort: Sinquerim Fort is a major historical attraction that was built in 1612. It is an upper extension of Aguada Fort. The fort gives spellbound views of Sinquerim beach and also bisects the shoreline into two different parts.
Distance from Candolim Beach: 2.7km
- Cocoa Beach: Make your way to the Candolim town area, cross the Nurul river and enter the very serene cocoa beach. This beach will satiate your hunger for great natural views of the river. You can even enjoy fishing activities right at the nearby riverside.
Distance from Candolim Beach: 3.1km.
- Museum Of Goa: If you are someone who is into art and history, then do visit the Museum of Goa. It is located near Candolim beach and celebrates the history of Goa through contemporary art. The museum brings back the importance of art and local history in present-day life.
Distance from Candolim Beach: 4.0 km.Read more
Other Popular Beaches in Goa
Exciting Candolim Beach Water Sports Every Adventure Enthusiast Should Try
Candolim beach North Goa is also quite famous for its water sports activities. Due to fewer crowds, people often visit this beach to enjoy Candolim beach water sports in full swing.
- Parasailing: Want to see the Goan coastline like a bird? Then parasailing is the activity for you. You will be attached with a rope to a speedboat, and a securely harnessed parachute will also be linked with you. Fly vastly in the sky, and splashes of waves will accompany you.
- Bumpy Banana Ride: The bumpy banana ride is one of the most enthralling Candolim beach water sports you can try. You will experience big bumps and falls while riding it in the beach area. Take yourself on a bumping adventure across the waves at Candolim beach.
- Snorkelling: If you are a beach baby, then Snorkelling is the ultimate Candolim beach water sport to try. Hop into the crystal clear waters of the Arabian Sea, and if you are lucky enough, you might also catch a surprising glimpse of dolphins jumping around.
- Jet Ski: Jet Ski ride is one of the most enthralling sports rides you can enjoy in Candolim beach. It lets you skid through the huge waves of the waters at extremely high speed and lets you enjoy every bit of it.
- Speed Boat Rides: Not a big fan of adventurous water sports? Then get on a speed boat ride and admire the serene views of Candolim beach from a distance. Besides that, you will also enjoy the vastness of the shoreline.
|Water Activities||Where To Try||Best Season|
|Backwater Kayaking||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Banana Tube Boat Ride||Calangute, Agonda, Candolim, Palolem, Miramar, Baga, Vagator, Anjuna||October to March|
|Canyoning||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Dinghy Sailing||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Jet Skiing||Colva, Calangute, Candolim, Mobor, Miramar, Rajbaga beaches||October to March|
|Kayaking||Palolem Beach, Dona Paula, Hollant Beach||October to May|
|Parasailing||Dona Paula, Majorda, Anjuna, Bogmalo, Calangute, Colva, Candolim, Vagator||October to March|
|Ringo Ride||Mobor Beach||October|
|Scuba Diving||Grande Islands, St. George Island, Devagh Island, Pigeon Island, Netrani Islands||October to April|
|Snorkeling||Suzy’s Wreck, Bat Island and Navy Island situated near Bogmalo, Grande Island||October to March|
|Speed Boating||Malim Village, Umta Waddo, Britona Yacht Station||October to May|
|Upper Sauri Canyoning||Upper Sauri||October to May|
|Water Zorbing||Umta Waddo||Summer|
|Yachts And Cruises||Mandovi River, Mayem Lake, Miramar Beach, Candolim Beach, Palolem Beach||October to May|
|Water Activities||Where To Try||Best Season|
|Kite Surfing||Vagator Beach, Baga Beach and Calangute Beach||January to March|
|Kneeboarding||Candolim Beach, Mobor Beach, Rajbaga Beach||October to June|
|Sport Fishing||Dona Paula region, Motor Beach, Sonalium||October to December|
|Surf Boarding||Arambol Beach, Baga Beach||May To September|
|Wakeboarding||Candolim Beach, Mabor Beach, Rajbaga Beach||October to May|
|White Water Rafting||Mhadei River, Tilari River||June to September|
|Winch Boat Parasailing||Motor Beach||All around the year|
|Windsurfing||Dona Paula Beach, Bogmalo Beach, Vagator Beach, Calangute, Colva, Palolem, Miramar, Baga Beach||January to March|
|Water Activities||Where To Try||Best Season|
|Paddleboarding||Candolim Beach, Mobor Beach, Rajbaga Beach||October to May|
|Water Skiing||Baga Beach, Candolim Beach, Calangute Beach, Arossim Beach, Mobor Beach, Utorda Beach||October to February|
|Flyboarding||Baina Beach||October to May|
Experience The Captivating Nightlife & Vibrant Ambience Of Candolim Beach
Candolim beach nightlife is something no visitor should miss. The nightlife of Candolim beach offers gauzy and crazy surprises to entertain you thoroughly.
- Show Bar: Show Bar is a famous Candolim beach party place that offers energetic overnight parties. It also has an indoor dance floor where you can dance your hearts out until morning. This bar also has a billiard area and outdoor bar right along the waterfront.
- Bar Eclipse: If you love uncanny party vibes and top-class drinks, then Eclipse bar is one of the best pubs in Candolim beach. Besides that, it also offers unique cocktails, delicious food and all things to level up your night party mode.
- Bar-Square: It is an open-air retro bar which is very famous in North Goa. Bar Square is a prominent nightclub in Candolim beach that organizes wild-themed parties. Their wide range of alcoholic beverages is something that entices party freaks here.
- Latino: Want to relish some of the most fantastic Goa parties? Straightway head to Latino Bar, which not just offers amazing cocktails but a lip-smacking range of bar snacks as well. Many tourists especially visit Latino to enjoy trance parties headed by international musicians.
Best Restaurants To Savour Delicious Food Near Candolim Beach
Candolim beach restaurants are enough to tickle and satisfy your taste buds with the best quality and delicious cuisines. From curries, prawns to crabs, every restaurant offers its own unique taste.
- Azura-The Grill Fish: Azura is a quaint restaurant that serves mouth-drooling seafood. It is one of the go-to places for tourists when it comes to seafood. The restaurant offers a rustic and bohemian ambience along with a top-class food and drinks menu. Don’t forget to try the grilled fish of Azura and be prepared to fall in love with it on the first bite.
- Angaara-bbq Grill & Sportsbar: Located just 50 metres from Candolim beach, Angara is one of the best restaurants in North Goa. It boasts an outdoor swimming pool, outdoor bar area and a special private seating area as well. Let’s not forget they offer you some of the best food and drinks menus.
- Inferno: Want to know where you can see the best sunset views while enjoying your food? Inferno is your place, then. This pulsating restaurant in Candolim beach offers lip-smacking food and delicious mocktails. It is a family-friendly restaurant and thus offers different experiences for everyone.
Best Places For A Relaxing & Fulfilling Stay Near Candolim Beach
Candolim beach has numerous options when it comes to hotels. From budget-friendly to luxurious ones, all of Candolim beach hotels are best for a comfortable and relaxing stay.
- Silver Sands Holiday Village: It is a luxury yet affordable villa for visitors who wish to stay near Candolim beach. The Candolim beach hotel offers amazing sea-facing rooms and a 24×7 dining restaurant. It is one of the best hotels to stay near the beachside.
- De Alturas Resort: De Alturas Resort is a four-star deluxe resort located very close to Candolim beach. It offers world-class guest rooms and deluxe sea-facing suites. It also has an outside pool and a 24×7 food court.
- Casablanca: Casablanca is a three-star beach resort designed in Portuguese style architecture. It is one of the best Candolim beach hotels if you are looking forward to a relaxed holiday in Goa. The rooms have air conditioning, spacious and serene views of the beachside.
- Ginger Tree Village Resort: Ginger Tree Village Resort is one of the best Candolim beach resorts in North Goa. The staff is available 24×7, and it also offers multi-cuisine scenes and spacious rooms with private balconies.
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Hard Rock Hotel Goa
Bogmallo Beach Resort
Estrella Do Mar
Go On A Shopping Spree At These Lively Markets near Candolim Beach
Some numerous shops and markets are fringe around Candolim beach. Head on a shopping spree and purchase everything you want at exciting and affordable rates.
- Candolim Market: When it comes to going on a shopping spree, then no market can beat the vibes of Candolim main market. There are designer stores, beach shacks, and small little shops that can help you get good stuff at the best prices. From junk jewellery to handicrafts, you will get what you ask.
- Newton’s Supermarket: It is a gigantic supermarket located in close proximity to Candolim beach. From fresh fruits to vegan cheese to local wines, this supermarket has it all. You will also get the option from where you can also purchase designer things as well.
- Delfino’s Supermarket: Delfino’s is one of the most popular supermarkets in Candolim. The supermarket offers a great range of personal care products and home products to visitors. Whether you wish to buy some basic home living things or personal care things, this supermarket has it all.
Fantastic Shacks To Visit At Candolim Beach
Candolim beach is very famous for its beach shacks. That’s because their lip-smacking food and crazy ambience surely give visitors a very relaxing time.
- Ryan Shack: Rank Shack is a top-rated beach shack located at Candolim beach. It is famous for its authentic Goan cuisine and offers delicious seafood as well. The real vibe of the shack can be experienced during the evening time when it brims with lights and lives music.
- Bobby’s Shack: Bobby’s shack is one of the best shacks on Candolim beach. It is famous for its different variety of food prepared with hand-picked ingredients. Besides that, it also offers a pool table, shisha and nightclub for a more exciting and memorable experience.
- Monico’s Beach Shack: Monico’s Beach shacks is a restaurant cum beach shack that fulfils the cravings of visitors with its scrumptious food. Not just that, the shack also hosts many live performances by great artists from all over the world.
Essential Things To Carry At Candolim Beach
Before you plan your visit to Candolim beach, there are certain things which you should carry for a comfortable beach experience.
- Mirrored Sunglasses
- Rubber footwear
- Shorts or cotton trousers
- Short dresses
- Hat or cap
Medical Facilities Near Candolim Beach
We never know when an unfortunate thing might happen while we are enjoying our time. Therefore it is always best to stay protected and maintain all the precautions. But if in case there’s an emergency, Candolim beach has many nearby medical centres and hospitals that can help you with immediate medical assistance. Besides that, there are many coast guards at the beachside to assist you in an emergency.
- Bosio Hospital
- Primary Health Center
- Dr. Vasudev Dukle
- Dr. Dukle’s Hospital & Research Center
- Mathew Braganza Hospital
- Global Health Centre
- Dr. Lloyd’s Clinic
- Loocs Cosmetic Clinic
Distance of Other Beaches From Candolim Beach
|Beach Name||Famous For||Location||Distance|
|Candolim Beach||Known for scrubbed sand dunes||Bardez, Goa||0 KM|
|Sinquerim Beach||Try water sports||Bardez sub-district, North Goa, India ||2.7 KM|
|Calangute Beach||Indulge in authentic seafood||Bardez, Goa||4.1 KM|
|Coco Beach Goa||For Watersports||Nerul, Goa||4.3 KM|
|Baga Beach||The best beach of Goa||Bardez, Goa, India||6 KM|
|Anjuna Beach||Known for its rock formations||North Goa, India||11.3 KM|
|Vagator Beach||Best private beaches in Goa||Mapusa, Goa||11.3 KM|
|Ozran Beach||For Beautiful Coastlines||Bardez Goa||12 KM|
|Chapora Beach||For Peace Seekers & Lovers||North Goa, India||12.1 KM|
|Miramar Beach||For Golden Sands||Panaji, Goa||16 KM|
|Bambolim Beach||For Natural Beauty||North Goa, India||17.2 KM|
|Dona Paula Beach||For Dolphin Watching||Panaji, Goa||18.7 KM|
|Vainguinim Beach||For Chill Vibes||Panaji, Goa||19.5 KM|
|Siridao Beach||For Mysterious Caves||North Goa, India||20 KM|
|Mandrem Beach||For blazing sunsets||North Goa, India||20.2 KM|
|Odxel Beach||For Amazing Nightlife||Panaji, India||20.7 KM|
|Morjim Beach||For some serene atmosphere||North Goa, India||21 KM|
|Ashwem Beach||For Meeting Tiny Turtles||North Goa, India||21.6 KM|
|Arambol Beach||For families and budget vacations||North Goa, India||26.4 KM|
|Kalacha Beach||For Sweet Water Lagoon||North Goa, India||27 KM|
|Querim Beach||For Pleasant Scenery||North Goa, India||34.1 KM|
|Velsao Beach||For Lakes Decorated With Lilies||South Goa, India||34.4 KM|
|Bogmalo Beach||For Adventure Activities||South Goa, India||37.2 KM|
|Arossim Beach||Beautiful White Sand And Palm Trees||Cansaulim, Goa||37.5 KM|
|Hollant Beach||For Idyllic Spots||Bogmalo, Goa||37.5 KM|
|Utorda Beach||For Solitude||20.2 kilometers from Vasco da Gama||38.1 KM|
|Majorda Beach||A foodie’s paradise||South Goa, India||39.4 KM|
|Betalbatim Beach||For A Swim||11.4 kilometers from Margao||41.4 KM|
|Colva Beach||Happening Beach shacks & pubs||South Goa, India||44.2 KM|
|Benaulim Beach||For peaceful vibes||South Goa, India||45.5 KM|
|Varca Beach||Experience Mesmerizing Vibe||Fatrade, Goa||52.4 KM|
|Cavelossim Beach||For black lava rocks||South Goa||57.3 KM|
|Mobor Beach||For Buying Colorful Handicrafts||South Goa, India||59.1 KM|
|Betul Beach||For A Centuries-Old Fort||South Goa, India||60.3 KM|
|Kakolem Beach||Adventure sports||Kakolem Beach, South Goa||70.8 KM|
|Cola Beach Goa||For Picnics||33.2 kilometers from Margao||74.2 KM|
|Butterfly Beach||For breathtaking sunsets||North of Palolem Beach ||78.3 KM|
|Palolem Beach||For Silent Night Disco||Palolem Beach, Canacona||80.2 KM|
|Agonda Beach||For Dolphin spotting||Canacona in South Goa district, India||80.5 KM|
|Patnem Beach||A quieter alternative to Palolem||South Goa, India||80.7 KM|
|Rajbagh Beach||Have A Relaxing Time||Rajabagh, Tarir, Palolem, Canacona, Goa 403702||82 KM|
|Talpona Beach||For Serene Walks||Canacona region, South Goa||84.7 KM|
|Galgibaga Beach||For Meditation||8.5 km from famous Palolem Beach||84.8 KM|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is it safe to visit Candolim Beach?
Answer: Candolim Beach is entirely safe to visit as long as you take all the precautions and be careful.
Q: Where should I book my accommodation to stay near Candolim beach?
Answer: There are many amazing and best hotels near Candolim beach like Silver Sands Holiday Village, Monte Villa, and Casa Almeida Guest House.
Q: How much is the distance between Candolim beach to Dudhsagar beach?
Answer: The distance between Candolim Beach and Dudhsagar Falls is approximately 84.6 km.
Q: Can I visit Candolim beach at midnight?
Answer: Yes, you can very comfortably visit Candolim beach at midnight as you will see many international tourists strolling around.
Q: How much is the bus or taxi fare from Candolim beach to Dudhsagar Falls?
Answer: A drive from Candolim Beach to Dudhsagar falls takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. So a taxi ride would cost you around INR 1,400-2,200. On the other hand, a bus ride will cost you hardly INR 100-200.
Q: Which Candolim beach cottages are best for stay purposes?
Answer: The best cottages in Candolim beach for a comfortable stay are Joshua’s Holiday home, Villa Goa, Novotel Goa Resort & Spa and Acorn Seaway Resort.
Q: Are there any casinos near Candolim beach that I can visit?
Answer: Yes, there are many famous casinos near Candolim beach. Some of them are Grand 7 Casino, The Royale Experience and Deltin Royale.
Q: Is a dolphin cruise tour facility available at Candolim beach?
Answer: Yes, you can book the Candolim Beach Dolphin cruise tour. Many tour companies offer this tour at fascinating rates.
Q: What is the entry fee for Candolim beach?
Answer: No entry fees are needed to enter Candolim Beach, Goa.
Q: Are there any fixed entry or exit timings at Candolim beach?
Answer: No, there are no fixed entry or exit timings for Candolim beach. You can spend as much time as you want without any restrictions.
Q: Which hotels near Candolim beach offer the best sea-facing rooms?
Answer: The hotels which offer the best sea-facing rooms in Candolim beach are Prainha Resort, O Pescador Indy Resort, Ginger Goa and Taj Resort, etc.
Q: Where can I enjoy pure vegetarian food at Candolim beach?
Answer: The best vegetarian restaurants at Candolim beach are Prasadam Pure Veg Restaurant, Sheetal, Angaara and Kailash Parbat.