Swargarohini Trek – Explore Heaven On Earth
Swargarohini Trek is one of the most thrilling treks of the Garhwal Himalayan region. It is located at an altitude of 6,252 metres. The trek route starts from the holy town of Uttarkashi in the village of Sankri and is a great adventure for experienced trekkers. The trek is a challenging one and requires physical and mental strength as well as technical skills to traverse the tough terrain. The majestic views of the snow-capped Himalayas, the serene beauty of the Himalayan valleys, the unending meadows and the tranquil streams, the Swargarohini Trek is a must-do for all the adventure lovers!
The trek is around 70 km long and the starting point is at a height of 13000 feet from sea level. The trek is a great way to explore the beauty of the Himalayan region and if you are willing to take the challenge, you will definitely be rewarded with some of the most spectacular landscapes and mesmerising views of the snow-capped peaks. The trek is also known for its challenging trekking routes. The trails are narrow and have frequent ascents and descents. The scenery is spectacular with thick forests, snow-capped peaks, lush green meadows and crystal clear streams. The trek also involves crossing several passes and negotiating steep climbs and tricky descents.
Swargarohini Trek Highlights
- On the Swargarohini Trek, you will get to enjoy the majestic views of the snow-capped peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas. The trek also offers beautiful views of the lush green valleys, meadows, and forests.
- The Swargarohini Trek is also known for its unique flora and fauna. You will get to explore the unique flora and fauna of the Garhwal Himalayas and the surrounding areas.
- During the trek, you will get an opportunity to explore the ancient villages of the Garhwal region. These villages are home to some of the oldest cultures in the world.
- This trek is full of adventure activities like rock climbing, rappelling, and trekking. These activities will give you an adrenaline rush and will make your trek even more exciting.
- The trek offers plenty of camping sites, which provide the perfect opportunity to relax and enjoy the stunning views of the mountains and valleys.
Best time for the Swargarohini Trek
The best time to go for the Swargarohini Trek is from May, June, September, and October. During this time, the weather is mild and the trails are in the best condition. This is the ideal time to go for the trek as the days are longer, the temperature is milder, and the snow has melted away.
How to Reach Swargarohini trek
Here are some tips that will help you make the most of your trek.
- On day 1, you need to take a taxi from Dehradun to Joshimath which is 256 kilometres and it will take 10-11 hours to reach there.
- On Day 2, you will need to drive to Badrinath from Joshimath via taxi only which is 48 kilometres and will take 2 to 3 hours. Proper acclimatisation is required to undergo further trip.
- On day 3 the trek starts from Badrinath to Laxmi Van which is 8 kilometres and will take 4 to 5 hours for that.It is at an altitude of 12,510 feet.
- On day 4, you will go on trekking from Laxmivan to Chakratirth which is 10 kilometres and 4-5 hours of time duration. The altitude is 13,655 feet.
- On day 5, the trek will head on to Satopanth Tal from Chakratirth which is 5 kilometres and takes 4-5 hours. Located at an altitude of 14,755 feet.
- On day 6, Satopanth Tal to Chandrakund Trek will start which is 6 kilometres and takes 5 to 6 hours.
- On day 7, the trek starts from Chandrakund to Suryakund which is about 7 kilometres and will take 5 to 6 hours. The altitude is 17,255 feet.
- On day 8, a full day is meant for acclimatisation.
- On day 9, Trek will start from Suryakund to Swargarohini base camp which is at 17,987 feet and coming back to camp which is 6 kilometres.
- Day 10 will start from Suryakund to Satopanth Tal trek of 13 kilometres and takes 7 to 8 hours.
- On day 11, 15 kilometres of trek will start from Satopanth Tal to Laxmi Van which will take 7 to 8 hours.
- On day 12, a 8 kilometres journey will begin from Laxmivan to Badrinath via a trek which is 8 kilometres and will take 4 to 5 hours.
- On day 13, 380 kilometres of journey back to Dehradun by taxi.
Route Map for Swargarohini Trek
The main routes you can take to reach the Kedarkantha summit –
- Sankri >> Juda Ka Talab >> Base Camp (Lohasu) >> Kedarkantha Summit >> Sankri
Quick Info about the Swargarohini Trek:
|Trek Duration||12 Night 13 Days |
|Trekking Distance||70 KM|
|Maximum Altitude||17,987 ft.|
|Start/ End Point of the Trek||Mana|
|Swargarohini Trek Temperature||Summers (13°C to 5°C) and Winters (-1°C to -5°C)|
|Nearest Railway Station||Rishikesh railway station |
|Nearest Airport||Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun|
Travel Tips for Swargarohini Trek
Here are some travel tips for Swargarohini Trek that will help you make sure your trek is safe and enjoyable.
- Choose the Right Clothing: The Swargarohini Trek is a high-altitude trek, so choose your clothing accordingly. Wear multiple layers of clothing to keep you warm and comfortable. Use technical fabrics like polyester and nylon that will be breathable and wick away moisture. Make sure to bring a hat and gloves, and waterproof outerwear.
- Pack Light: When you’re packing for the trek, remember that you’ll be carrying it on your back. So, make sure to pack light. Carry only what is absolutely essential and leave the non-essentials behind. You don’t want to be weighed down with too much stuff.
- Stay Hydrated: As you climb higher in altitude, the air gets thinner and it becomes harder to breathe. Make sure to stay hydrated throughout the trek. Carry at least 1-2 litres of water with you and drink it throughout the day.
- Avoid Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness can occur when you ascend too quickly. Make sure to acclimate properly and ascend gradually. If you feel any symptoms of altitude sickness, such as nausea, headache, fatigue, or dizziness, immediately descend to a lower altitude.
- Fuel Up: The Swargarohini Trek is a physically demanding trek. Make sure to pack enough snacks and energy bars to keep you fueled up throughout the trek. Pack simple, lightweight snacks like nuts, dried fruits, and energy bars that will provide you with enough energy.
Documents to Carry for Swargarohini Trek
When it comes to the Swargarohini trek, you must carry the following documents:
- Valid ID Proof: It is important to carry a valid identity proof like a passport, driving licence, or any other government issued ID like Aadhar card, Voter ID card, passport and visa, etc. This will be useful for verifying your identity at checkpoints or for any other purpose during the trek.
- Permits: To visit the Swargarohini, you will need to get an Inner Line Permit from the West Bengal Government. You can apply for the permit either online or offline. Once you obtain the permit, make sure to carry it with you at all times.
- Medical Certificate: It is highly recommended to get a medical certificate from a doctor before you start your trek. The certificate should document that you are fit to undertake the trek and include information about your medical history and any medications that you may be taking.
- Insurance: Make sure to carry travel insurance before you start the trek. This will come in handy if you encounter any medical emergency or any unforeseen hazard.
- Trekking Gear: Make sure to carry all the appropriate gear and equipment that you will need for the trek. This includes trekking boots, trekking poles, rainwear, sleeping bags, etc.
What to pack for the Swargarohini Trek?
Here’s a comprehensive list of all the essential gear you need for an unforgettable trek.
- Clothing: When it comes to clothing for the Swargarohini Trek, you’ll want to make sure that you bring enough layers to keep you warm and dry. Start off with a few lightweight layers of synthetic or wool next-to-skin clothing, such as a base layer top and bottoms. It’s also a good idea to bring a few extra layers, such as a mid-layer fleece, a lightweight down jacket, and a waterproof shell. You’ll also want to pack a few pairs of thick socks and gloves, a warm hat, and a scarf or buff.
- Footwear: A good pair of hiking boots is essential for any trek, and the Swargarohini Trek is no exception. Make sure that your boots are waterproof, provide good ankle support, and have good grip on rocky and slippery terrain. It’s also a good idea to bring a pair of lightweight shoes or sandals for use around the campsite or when crossing rivers.
- Backpack: Your backpack should be lightweight, comfortable, and capable of carrying all your essential items. A 65-80 litre backpack should be large enough for most treks, and you should make sure that it has enough pockets and compartments to help you stay organised.
- Sleeping Bag: A good sleeping bag is essential for any trek, and you should make sure that you choose one that is rated for the temperatures you’ll be experiencing. A down sleeping bag is the lightest and most compact option, but you should make sure that it is waterproof and windproof.
- Headlamp: A headlamp is an essential item for any trek, as it will help you navigate in the dark and will come in handy when cooking meals or setting up camp.
- First Aid Kit: A first aid kit is essential for any trek, and you should make sure that you bring one that is well-stocked and contains enough supplies for all your needs.
Other Popular Treks To Explore In Uttarakhand
Located in the Garhwal Himalayas, the trek winds its way up through the valleys and passes of the Himalayan range, and then culminates at the summit. Chandrashil trek is a beautiful, challenging, and rewarding journey through one of India’s most beautiful regions.
Situated at a height of 3680 metres, it is the highest Shiva temple in the world and the highest peak in the Chandrashila range of the Garhwal Himalayas. Tungnath trek is an exciting and challenging trek located in the beautiful state of Uttarakhand in India.
Located in the Himalayan region of India, the Bali Pass Trek offers breathtaking views, lush forests, and plenty of opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. The trek is not only a great way to explore India’s diverse landscapes,local culture and history.
Located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, this trek is considered to be one of the most difficult trekking routes in India. Roopkund trek is an exciting journey for those who wish to explore the majestic landscape of the Himalayas.
It is one of the most beautiful treks in Uttarakhand. Also called as the queen of winter treks. The Kedarkantha trek summit is located at a scorching altitude of 12,500 feet above sea level. You will get to see some charming villages on its way, and lush meadows.
Located in the Kumaon Himalayas, the Pindari glacier is one of the most beautiful and pristine glaciers in India. Pindari glacier trek is a unique adventure experience in the majestic Himalayan ranges of Uttarakhand.
Why Prefer Travanya?
Travanya offers detailed and accurate information about the Swargarohini Trek, which makes the trek planning easier for trekkers. You can find the best route for the trek, the preferable time to plan the trek, the best places to visit, and the necessary equipment for the trek. You can also find out about the various campsites, the type of terrain, and the various weather conditions that you should expect during the trek. With discounted flight tickets and other amenities, Travanya will assist you in organising cost-effective travel. Our goal is to provide our customers with inexpensive airfares by avoiding hidden fees and other convenience fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difficulty level of the Swargarohini Trek?
A: The Swargarohini Trek is considered to be a difficult level trek because the summit is located at an altitude of 17,987 feet above sea level.
Q: What is the best time to visit the Swargarohini Trek?
A: The best time to visit the Swargarohini Trek is between May and October.
Q: What type of accommodation is available during the Swargarohini Trek?
A: Basic camping facilities are available at various points along the trek.
Q: How long does it take to complete the Swargarohini Trek?
A: The entire trek usually takes about 13 days and 12 nights.
Q: What are the essential items to carry on the Swargarohini Trek?
A: Essential items to carry include good quality trekking shoes, warm clothing, rain jacket, food, water, and a first aid kit.