Thanks for visiting Travanya.com. Please allow me to help you. What are you looking for?
Rishikesh is a city located in the beautiful state of Uttarakhand in India. It is known for its spiritual significance its scenic beauty. Home to some of the most beautiful temples in India, Rishikesh is a popular destination for pilgrims and tourists alike.
It is known as the “Yoga Capital of the World”, making it one of the most intriguing destinations. With its crystal clear rivers, stunning mountain views, and numerous ashrams and temples, this place is a favorite destination for spiritual seekers, yoga practitioners, and nature lovers.
While it has a range of options to explore, it is best known for its temples and some of the most renowned temples in Rishikesh are as follows –
1. Parmarth Niketan: Parmarth Niketan is the largest ashram in Rishikesh and is located on the banks of the holy river Ganges. It is a popular destination for pilgrims and tourists alike. The temple has a divine atmosphere and offers spiritual discourses and lectures on Hinduism.
2. Shatrughna Mandir: Dedicated to Lord Shatrughna, the brother of Lord Rama, this temple is located in the Tapovan area of Rishikesh. It is one of the most ancient temples in Uttarakhand that dates back to the time of Ramanaya. Devotees come here to seek blessings for peace and prosperity. The intriguing bit about this temple is that it is one of the only two temples dedicated to Lord Rama’s brother – Shatrughan.
3. Bharat Mandir: Bharat Mandir is one of the oldest temples in Rishikesh. The presiding deity of this temple was reinstalled by Adi Shankaracharya on Basant Panchami. Following the legacy, every year, the deity is reinstalled on the auspicious day of Basant Panchami.
4. Neelkanth Mahadev: Situated at a height of 1330 meters, this temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. According to legend, it is at this temple that Lord Shiva drank the poison that emerged from the churning of the ocean (Samundar Manthan). Devotees come here to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva.
5. Lakshman Temple: Located near the Lakshman Jhula Bridge, this temple is dedicated to Lord Lakshman, the brother of Lord Rama. It is believed that Lord Rama and Lakshman both crossed the Ganga River here. This temple is also known for its beautiful architecture and intricate carvings.
6. Gita Bhawan: Located on the banks of the Ganges, this is one of the most popular temples in Rishikesh. It is believed to have been built by Swami Balmiki and houses various idols of Hindu Gods and Goddesses. Devotees come here to take part in special poojas and rituals.
7. Kunjapuri Temple: Located at a height of 1645 meters, this temple is dedicated to Sati and is considered to be one of the Shakti Peethas. It is a popular destination for pilgrims and tourists alike who come here to seek blessings. One of the many shakti peethas, Kunjapuri temple is where it is believed that Sati’s burned chest fell.
8. Swarg Ashram: Swarg Ashram is a popular destination for visitors. It is located on the banks of the Ganges and houses several temples, ashrams, and guesthouses. It is a popular destination for spiritual seekers as well as tourists. This ashram was built in memory of Swami Vishudhinanda, popularly known as Kali Kamli Wala (saint with a black blanket).
These are the top 8 temples in Rishikesh that you must visit. Each of these temples has its own unique significance and charm that will surely leave you mesmerized. So, if you are planning a trip to Rishikesh, don’t forget to visit these temples in Rishikesh to seek the blessings of the gods and experience the divine energy of the city.
Dedicated to the goddess Yamuna, the Yamunotri Temple is located in the Garhwal Himalayan range and is situated on the banks of the Yamuna River. The temple enshrines a black marble idol of Goddess Yamuna and a number of other deities.
Next on the list is the Jageshwar Temple, which is situated at the edge of the Almora district in the Kumaon region. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is known for its ancient shiva lingams.
The Kasar Devi Temple is located on the top of a hill, near the village of Almora in the Kumaon region. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Kasar Devi and is believed to be positioned on the earth’s Van Allen Belt.
The Gaurikund Temple is located at the source of the sacred River Ganga, near the town of Gangotri in Uttarakhand. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Parvati and is believed to be the place where she formed Lord Ganesha with her soap suds.
The Joshimath Temple is located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand and is dedicated to Lord Narasimha. The temple is believed to be the home of Nara and Narayana, the two incarnations of Lord Vishnu.
The last temple on the list is the Bageshwar Temple, which is situated in the Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand. It is known for its huge Shiva lingam and is one of the most important pilgrimage sites in the region.
When it comes to booking trips to Rishikesh (India), the best way to go is with Travanya. We are a leading online tour and travel platform with which you can easily find the cheapest tickets for your Rishikesh journey. We also offer great customer service. If you have any queries regarding your flight bookings or India tours, feel free to get in touch with our customer service for assistance. The customer service team is friendly and knowledgeable and will help you with all your queries.
Answer: Rishikesh is famous for scenic sights, temples, adventurous sports, and sightseeing.
Answer: Rishikesh is a city that has various temples. In these temples reside shiv linga.
Answer: While there are many famous temples in Rishikesh, Neel Kantha Temple is the most revered.
Wondering where to get your travel inspiration from? Read our blogs to understand your dream destinations better, know the latest updates, and enjoy world-class insights about global attractions at the convenience of a click.
Copyright © 2023 Shipra Travel. All Rights Reserved.