India Witnesses A Sudden Surge In Covid Cases
Posted on Wednesday, April 20th, 2022 by Pawanpreet Kaur Leave a Comment
Just when everything started going back to normal, a sudden increase in Covid cases in India has been observed. Reports as of June 9, 2022, covid cases ascended up to 7,240 in the last 24 hours and the total number of active Covid cases in India today crosses 32,498. Observing this quick jump in daily cases, the Health Ministry of India directed a few states to impose adherence to Covid-related restrictions.
The Union Health Secretary, Rajesh Bhushan directed a few states like Uttar Pradesh, Mizoram and Haryana to strictly get back on wearing masks in crowded areas. He also asked the state officials to adhere to other Covid-appropriate measures to control the spread of Covid-related infections. Moreover, Rajesh Bhushan raised a red flag to Delhi which has been reporting an increase in new Covid cases.
The Health Ministry also instructed the states to act in accordance with a 5-fold strategy that includes Test, Track, Treat, Vaccination and following Covid-related measures seriously. Furthermore, the states have been directed to monitor respiratory illness cases in all health facilities daily to prevent any type of infection from spreading.
5 Steps That Health Ministry asked the states with high positivity rates to follow:
- Centre guided State/UTs to detect the reasons for the rising Covid-19 cases and take forward the required efforts for fighting the transmission.
- The Union Health Secretary directed the State/UTs to keep testing and surveillance a priority and keep track of the number of arising cases.
- The Centre asked the health facilities to keep a check on Influenza-like illnesses (ILI) and other respiratory illnesses that contribute to the number of positive Covid cases.
- Rajnesh Bhushan asked the State/UTs to ensure the whole DNA sequencing for advised samples of international passengers in addition to local clusters of cases.
- The Health Ministry team asked the State/UTs to make vaccination mandatory of eligible populations in addition to the administration of precaution doses.
Other State/UTs Taking The Mandatory Action To Prevent The Covid Infection
Taking the sudden spike in Covid-19 cases into consideration, Chandigarh and Uttar Pradesh made it mandatory for the people to wear face masks in public areas. People of Chandigarh and Uttar Pradesh have also been asked to keep adhering to other possible measures such as hand-sanitization, maintaining social distance and avoiding crowded places.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath instructed officials to check with people in the state who are still not fully vaccinated yet and administer the required doses to them on priority.
The sudden rise in the Covid positivity rate in India has led to the concern about the risk of another virus outbreak. According to the officials, the reason behind this sudden spike is credited to the removal of the Covid-related measures and neglecting wearing face masks and other basic hygiene measures. To know more about the latest updates on domestic flight restrictions, get in touch with our team of travel experts at Travanya at +91-800-023-5865. You can also get your flight tickets booked with us with airlines that maintain proper hygiene and sanitization.
Pawanpreet is a versatile content writer and editor who enjoys experimenting with various niches of writing. Her keen eye for detail and love for thorough research helps her create high-quality content to outweigh clickbait. She extensively works for digital marketing and manages clients that range from travel to luxury goods. Her creativity is fueled by her love for learning new things, travelling, and the environment. Also, she is a free soul and an avid animal lover who believes in doing everything with a smile :)