List Of 12 Countries Open For Indian Tourists To Travel In 2022
Posted on Tuesday, February 8th, 2022 by Pawanpreet Kaur Leave a Comment
The Coronavirus outbreak has hit the entire world in an unprecedented way. The number of deaths, weeks of lockdown, and the closing of international borders have adversely impacted the travel industry to an uncertain halt. But after the prolonged struggle, many countries have relaxed their travel restrictions and even countries open for Indian tourists. All thanks to the vaccines that have been developed lately and have assured people safety and protection. Today, there are several countries open for tourism from India and are allowing fully vaccinated individuals to resume their travel goals. However, the health experts suggest travellers to hold back by 2 weeks after the second dose of vaccination. So, take a look at the countries open for tourism at the moment and the places where can Indians travel now.
But before we swoop in the list of countries open for Indian tourists, kindly remember that general safety precautions will still be followed. Such measures include getting your temperature checked wherever required, keeping the face masks on, maintaining social distances and keeping proper hygiene to protect yourself and others from the virus. However, most countries are open for travel from India, but health experts are still not sure if the fully vaccinated individuals can catch and transmit the virus or not. So keep it as a note for the safety of your own and others.
12 Countries Open For Tourism From India
As many as 12 countries are open for Indian tourists right now, and also welcoming countries near India to visit but with fully vaccinated certificates. However, the vaccination certificate must not be fake otherwise it can lead to serious charges. So, let’s check countries open for tourism from India without quarantine or with quarantine.
1. United Kingdom
The authorities of the United Kingdom have announced the reopening of the borders for Indian tourists and created a “green list” of countries open for tourism. As per the new norms, fully vaccinated Indians are now allowed to travel to the United Kingdom without quarantine. The UK government has only approved the Covishied vaccine for the Indian tourists and has allowed Indian tourists to enter with Covishield without the 10-day mandatory quarantine. Indian passengers can now book flights to London or other cities of the UK without having to worry about the travel norms.
- Fully Vaccinated Indian tourists must book and pay for Covid-19 test taken on Day 2 after their arrival in the country.
- Passengers arriving from India must fill a passenger locator form before boarding their flight for the UK.
- The second dose of vaccination must be taken at least 14 days before the arrival in the United Kingdom for the countries open for tourism.
From all the countries open for Indian tourists, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore has introduced Singapore-India Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL). The VTL allows fully vaccinated Indian tourists to travel to Singapore without any mandatory quarantine period. However, negative Covid-19 testing is mandatory before arriving in the country. Now, get your flights to Singapore from India booked without any hassle. The passengers arriving from India are also required to submit a self-declaration form with proof of negative covid report taken within the last 72 hours via the Air Suvidha Portal.
- Passengers arriving from India must apply for a Vaccinated Travel Pass to take entry in Singapore as announced by VTL.
- Testing is not mandatory for fully vaccinated passengers travelling from India who have recently recovered from Covid-19.
- Fully vaccinated passengers travelling from India with mild symptoms of Covid-19 are required to quarantine for at least 7 days.
Switzerland is definitely on the side of countries open for Indian tourists and countries open for tourism in general. As per the new rules, the Switzerland government has announced that Indian tourists can now take flights to Switzerland from India if fully vaccinated. However, it has been made mandatory to take the Covid-19 tests both before departure or at arrival. It is also a relief for the fully vaccinated travellers that they are not required to undergo any kind of quarantine if fully vaccinated with both reports negative.
- From countries open for Indian tourists, Switzerland gave its nod to fully vaccinated travellers with doses of Covishield or Covaxin.
- Travellers who have recovered from Covid-19 under the time period of 6 months are exempted from the Covid-19 testing.
- Fully vaccinated Indian tourists can also apply for a Type C entry visa.
- Children under the age of 16 are also exempted from the Covid-19 testing requirements.
The Cyprus government has permitted travel from India and has entered the list of countries open for Indian tourists. If you hold a fully vaccinated certificate from a valid lab, you can surely pack your bags to book your flights to Cyprus from India. Furthermore, in case you have got your Booster vaccine shot, you are exempted from the RT-PCR testing requirements. Cyprus being one of the countries open for tourism from India has also announced that there should be a gap of at least 14 days between your travel date and the last dose of vaccination.
- Passengers travelling from India must carry their valid fully vaccinated certificate as a proof both in print and digitally.
- Passengers with mild-symptoms of Covid-19 are required to quarantine for at least 14 days. The quarantine period might be cut down if the passengers get tested negative on the 7th day of quarantine.
- Fully vaccinated travellers with a booster dose can travel to Cyprus from India without Rapid Antigen Testing requirements.
From countries open for tourism from India without quarantine, Thailand has surely made some changes and has released a quarantine-free travel scheme. According to reports, the Thailand government has allowed Indian passengers to enter the country if fully vaccinated. So, now you can take off your flights to Thailand from India if you match the requirements of Thailand’s Trust and Go Scheme. All travellers 18 years or above from India are required to carry their vaccination certificates for verification and must abide by testing requirements.
- Fully vaccinated travellers from India can travel to India under the Trust and Go Scheme of Thailand.
- Passengers are required to take Covid-19 tests at the time of arrival and Day 5 after your arrival in the country.
- Under the Trust and Go Scheme, travellers are required to stay under quarantine in hotels and abide by the rules and regulations.
6. Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is one of the countries open for tourism from India has revised its travel requirements and is now accepting Indian tourists with a valid vaccination certificate. In case you are thinking about where can Indians travel now, Srilanka is the place. Get your flights to Srilanka booked from India and travel to the land of tropicals. Moreover, passengers with valid vaccination certificates and negative test reports are exempted from the Quarantine requirements. However, if any individual gets positive Covid-19 results on arrival shall be sent to a separate isolation facility and will be treated as per laws.
- Amongst the countries open for Indian tourists, Srilanka permits fully vaccinated travellers to enter the country.
- Passengers who have completed 14 days or more after the second dose and have a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test will be considered as full-vaccinated.
- All the individuals arriving from India are required to fill an health declaration form and get a QR code generated after the submission. The QR code within 72 hours is mandatory to show at the arrival to avoid any objections at the airport.
Finally, Vietnam announces the resumption of travel services and has entered the list of countries open for tourism from India. The government of Vietnam has issued new laws and regulations, allowing travel and commercial flights from India and other countries. However, the travellers flying from India must get through their Covid-19 test requirements and undergo a quarantine period of 3 days until the PCR report comes. Moreover, those who want to take flights to Vietnam from India for business purposes must have valid documents from government officials.
- Amongst the countries open for Indian tourists, Vietnam has cut down the quarantine period for fully vaccinated individuals to 3 days. While the unvaccinated individuals on the other hand will be quarantined for 7 days.
- The Vietnamese government has approved only a specific list of vaccines and has decided to disapprove the travel of individuals who are vaccinated out of the list.
- Passengers arriving from India must have travel insurance that covers the Covid-19 expenses that is around 50,000 Vietnamese dong.
From all the countries open for Indian tourists, Indonesia has also opened its door and has provided ease on the travel restrictions. Indian tourists can now plan their flights to Indonesia along with taking care of certain safety precautions and protocols. It is mandatory for passengers to show a valid vaccination certificate along with a negative RT PCR report (not older than 72 hours). In case of a long-term visa or other entry permits, one must carry all the required documents as per government regulations.
- Indonesia enters the list of countries open for tourism but with certain restrictions and requirements. Passengers arriving from India must abide by the basic safety measures.
- Travellers will be considered fully vaccinated only if the 2nd dose of vaccination is taken at least 14 days before the desired departure date.
- Indian tourists can now submit their e-visa application online on the official website of the country’s immigration department.
Maldives is nowhere behind in the list of countries open for Indian tourists. The government of Maldives has recently resumed travel for some countries and luckily, India made it to that list. Now, fully vaccinated Indian travellers can take flights to Maldives and explore the country with minimum restrictions. Passengers arriving Maldives from India or from countries near India must also carry a negative RT PCR report (no older than 96 hours). However, the safety norms related to face masks, social distancing and maintaining proper hygiene will remain the same.
- Vaccinated travellers with a valid proof of vaccination and negative RT PCR report can visit and explore Maldives in 2022.
- The tourism Minister might also launch a “vaccination break” package for the tourists who want to visit Maldives. The plan includes 3Vs which refers to visit, vaccination and vacation.
- Basic safety precautions like wearing masks, maintaining social distance, and proper hand sanitization will still be taken care of in both indoors and outdoors.
Not fully comes under the list of countries open for tourism, but Malaysia is sure to open for completely vaccinated individuals. Indian tourists can only enter the country for travel if fully vaccinated or if they are tested negative within the time period of 72 hours. However, the partially vaccinated travellers have to undergo a quarantine period of 10 days in addition to taking care of quarantine expenses as well. Furthermore, Indian tourists are also required to go through a medical assessment at the time of arrival in Malaysia. So, just keep your documents ready and take your flight to Malaysia from India.
- Malaysia is sure to be one of the countries open for India tourists but all travellers must pass the health assessment upon arrival.
- Passengers travelling from India must be fully vaccinated with a Malaysia-approved list of vaccines like Pfizer, Moderna, CanSino, Sinovac, Janssen, Oxford, and Sinopharm.
- Passengers with mild symptoms have to undergo the RT PCR test on arrival and might have to bear any applicable charges.
Want to know if Dubai is one of the countries open for tourism right now? Well, Yes! The UAE government has lifted India to Dubai flights ban recently and has now resumed travel for fully vaccinated individuals. Although Dubai has resumed travel for Indian tourists, strict safety measures are being taken by the government for the sake of public health and safety. It might also be a possibility that mandatory Covid testing will take place upon arrival for the passengers arriving from India. However, children under the age of 12 years are exempted from the testing requirements.
- Passengers arriving from India must also show a negative RT PCR report (not older than 72 hours) upon arrival along with a valid vaccination certificate.
- A mandatory Covid-19 test will be conducted upon arrivals for Indian tourists and passengers arriving from countries near India.
- Travellers arriving from India had to quarantine themselves in a hotel facility until the negative results came up.
Travellers arriving from India are now permitted to take flights to Austria but with certain travel restrictions and valid proof of double vaccination. The Indian vaccine Covishield is accepted by the Austrian government and the one is even exempted from the quarantine requirements. However, the children under the age of 12 years do not require vaccination certificates, or RT PCR reports if accompanied by fully vaccinated individuals. Even the individuals who have recovered from the Covid-19 under 180 days can enter Austria but with valid proof.
- Every passenger travelling from India is required to have a valid proof of vaccination (2 doses) or a booster jab or proof of past Covid-infection under 180 days.
- Passengers arriving Austria from India are required to bring a negative PCR test report (not older than 72 hours).
- Austria is one of the countries open for tourism and has exempted children under the age of 12 years from vaccination and testing requirements.
So have you made up your mind to book international flights to your favourite destination? We will keep you updated with more countries open for tourism from India and countries open for Indian tourists. You can also get in touch with our travel professionals at Travanya for further guidance on flight bookings. Call our experts on +91-800-023-5865 for more information on travel guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Que: What are the countries open for Indian tourists at the moment?
Answer: Switzerland, Singapore, United Kingdom, Dubai, Srilanka, Maldives, Thailand, and Cyprus are some of the countries open for tourism in 2022 for individuals who have completed both the jabs of vaccination.
Que: What are countries open for tourism from India without quarantine?
Answer: United Kingdom, Maldives, Switzerland, Austria, Dubai and Singapore have exempted the passengers arriving from India from quarantine.
Que: Where can Indians travel now?
Answer: Maldives is the perfect destination to travel right now in 2022 and is also one of the countries open for tourism. The country is almost fully vaccinated and is welcoming individuals who have taken both their doses of vaccinations.
Que: Is Covexin and Covi-shield approved by the International countries?
Answer: Yes, Covi-shield and Covexin have made up to the list of approved International travel vaccinations and are approved by most countries internationally.
Pawanpreet is a versatile content writer and editor who enjoys experimenting with various niches of writing. Her keen eye for detail and love for thorough research helps her create high-quality content to outweigh clickbait. She extensively works for digital marketing and manages clients that range from travel to luxury goods. Her creativity is fueled by her love for learning new things, travelling, and the environment. Also, she is a free soul and an avid animal lover who believes in doing everything with a smile 🙂