A Quick Tour To The Statue Of Unity – A Tribute To Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Posted on Friday, April 22nd, 2022 by Pawanpreet Kaur Leave a Comment
Recognised as the largest statue in the world, the Statue of Unity is located at Kevadia, Gujarat, symbolising oneness and integrated nationalism. The statue is of Indian independence activist Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel who is also known as the “Iron Man” and is one of the founding fathers of India.
With a height of 182 metres (597 ft), the Statue of Unity is a part of the government’s initiative to honour Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The one who is credited for his role in the country’s struggle for independence and for unifying India after its partition into India and Pakistan.
In this blog, we’ve covered all the details you need to know about the Statue of Unity tickets, history, online bookings, entry fees, and facts. So, get ready to experience the magnificence and richness of the Statue of Unity and don’t forget to take the perfect photo of Sardar Patel.
Quick Statue Of Unity Information
|Location||Sardar Sarovar Dam, Statue of Unity Rd, Kevadia, Gujarat|
|Height||182 metres (597 ft)|
|Timings||9 AM to 5 PM (Tuesday to Sunday)|
|Entry fee||For Adult: 120 + 30 (bus Charges), Observation Deck view: 350 + 30 (bus Charges)Children (3-15 Years): 60 + 30 (bus Charges), Observation Deck view: 200 + 30 (bus Charges)Children (below 3 Years): Free|
|Built By||Ram V. Sutar|
|Material Used||Cement and Concrete, Structural steel, Reinforced steel|
|Date of Establishment||31 October 2013|
Introduction To Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
The first deputy Prime Minister of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel left no stone unturned in India’s struggle for independence from British rule. He was a lawyer by profession and is also referred to as the Iron Man” of India for his efforts to unify the country and build a strong foundation for its future development. After the partition of India in 1947, he was instrumental in integrating the princely states into the Indian Union.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was born on October 31, 1875, in the village of Nadiad, Gujarat, into a family of farmers. His father, Zaverbhai Patel, was a wealthy landowner and his mother, Ladbai Patel, was a pious woman who devoted herself to charitable work. Sardar Patel’s determination and willpower were responsible for the successful implementation of various policies and projects undertaken by the government. He is also credited with building a strong foundation for the industrial development of India.
Statue Of Unity Facts That You Need To Know
- Crowned as the “Tallest Statue In The World” with a height of 597 feet, surpassing the Spring Temple Buddha in China.
- The statue was designed by Indian sculptor Ram V. Sutar and built by Larsen & Toubro Limited.
- The construction of the statue began in October 2013 and was completed in October 2018.
- The Statue Of Unity cost was estimated to be around INR 2,063 crore ($370 million).
- The Statue of Unity location is on Sadhu Bet island near the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Kevadiya.
- The project was first proposed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat in 2010.
- More than 2,500 workers and 250 engineers were involved in its construction.
- The Sardar Patel Statue location was chosen because of its proximity to the Narmada dam and also because of the river’s length.
- The Statue of Unity viewing gallery at 153 metres from the stachu of uniti where tourists can get a view of the Dam and its surrounding areas.
- A 25-year contract is done with Larsen & Turbo for maintenance of the Statue of Unity.
Facilities to Expect Inside Statue Of Unity
Statue Of Unity Tickets Booking Tips
- Book your tickets in advance: The Statue of Unity is a popular tourist destination and tickets tend to sell out quickly. It is advisable to book your tickets well in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Choose your preferred date and time: When booking your Statue Of Unity tickets, you will be able to choose your preferred date and time slot for visiting the statue. It is advisable to choose a time slot when there are fewer people so that you can enjoy your visit without having to jostle with other tourists.
- Bring along your identity proof: When visiting the statue, you will need to present your identity proof at the ticket counter. Make sure you carry a valid ID such as your passport or driver’s license.
- Follow the rules and regulations: There are certain rules and regulations that need to be followed when visiting the Statue of Unity. Make sure you follow them so as not to cause any inconvenience to other visitors or damage the monument.
- Enjoy your visit: The Statue of Unity is an awe-inspiring monument and is definitely worth a visit. Make sure you take some time to enjoy the experience and create some wonderful memories.
Statue Of Unity Ticket Price List
The Statue of Unity entry fee has three types but with different Statue of Unity cost per person. There are several sites providing online booking for the monument in addition to the famous attractions nearby. The type of Statue of Unity ticket booking you can choose from are as follows:
- Basic Statue Of Unity Entry Fee: The basic Statue of Unity entry ticket is INR 150 for adults and INR 90 for children, including AC bus services. The basic ticket will allow you to stroll around the monument, visit the exhibition areas, see the Projection mapping show, a tour to Valley of Flowers, Museum, and the Sardar Sarovar Dam Viewpoint.
- Basic Entry Ticket + Viewing Gallery: The basic sou ticket rate does not include a visit to the viewing gallery. The Statue of Unity Viewing Gallery is located inside the monument at the height of 500ft and offers spectacular views. The entry fee to access the Viewing Gallery and other basic things is INR 380 for adults and INR 230 for children.
- Statue Of Unity Express Entry: If you have SOU express entry ticket then you do not need to pay anything extra for basic entry or viewing gallery. This SOU ticket booking is ideal for visitors who want to avoid the crowd as special elevator access is given with these tickets. The Statue of Unity charges for the express entry is INR 1030 for both adults and children.
- Foreign Express Entry Ticket: Available only for international tourists who wants to enjoy the benefits of Express Entry. This is priced at INR 1530 for adults and INR 830 for children. With a foreign express entry ticket, tourists from abroad can have access to the Viewing Gallery, Projection mapping show, Valley of Flowers and Dam tour, and the exhibition areas.
Places To Visit Near Statue Of Unity
Valley Of Flowers – 2.5 km away
An alluring garden with picturesque views of the ferocious Narmada River with a monument in the backdrop. Visitors can drip into the local ecology and can spot innumerable species of flora. The entry fee for the Valley of Flowers is included in the Statue of Unity ticket price. So, you, do not have to worry about paying extra.
Sardar Patel Zoological Park – 4.3 km away
One of the must-visit Statue of Unity nearby places is Sardar Patel Zoological Park which was initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This Zoological Park is spread over 375 acres and has a variety of flora and fauna. The Sardar Patel Zoo and Jungle Safari is open Monday to Sunday and the entry fee for the same is INR 200 for adults.
Statue of Unity Pet Zone – 1.5 km away
A perfect fun place for kids where you can find colourful species of birds, a few ponies and rabbits. It is visited just opposite the Jungle Safari complex and one can fully stroll around the place in 30 minutes. Visitors can feed the birds and animals and are also allowed to take pictures with them. The entry fee for the same is INR 50 for adults and INR 25 for children.
Unity Glow Garden – 4 km away
India’s ‘Garden By The Bay’, the Unity Glow Garden offers visitors a vibrant fusion of greenery, colourful flowers and mesmerizing neon lights. It is one of the important attractions in Ahmedabad today and can steal your heart with its after sunset beauty. Open 8 am – 10 pm every day with an entry fee of INR 100 for adults and INR 50 for children.
Sardar Sarovar Dam Viewpoint – 2.4 km away
Also referred to as ‘Narmada Dam’, the Sardar Sarovar Dam Viewpoint is a brilliant construction and is one of the largest dams in India. The dam authority allows a guided-tour facility for the visitors where you can explore the garden, enjoy boating, see the first lock gate and students can even trek and participate in nature camps. The fee for the dam viewpoint is included in the Statue of Unity tickets.
Cactus Garden Statue Of Unity – 12 km away
Spread over 25 acres of land, the Cactus Garden is a mesmerizing botanical garden that displays a wide collection of cacti and succulent plants. The garden has a gigantic dome that houses more than half a million plants of 450 species. An array of cactus plants from foreign lands like North & South America, Africa, and other Asian continents can be seen there.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Statue of Unity official website?
Answer: The official site is www.statueofunity.in where you can find information related to the monument and can even get Statue of Unity online booking. For SOU online ticket booking, simply visit the ‘Book Tickets’ sections and pick from the list.
Q: What is the Surat to Statue of Unity distance?
Answer: The total distance between Surat, Gujarat and the Statue of Unity is 159.6 km which takes around 3 hr and 34 mins to reach.
Q: What not to carry when visiting the Statue of Unity?
Answer: Outside food including even candies or water bottles is strictly prohibited from your entry to the monument. Visitors are also not allowed to bring lighter, cigarettes, vapes, or any tobacco or drug-related product.
Q: Where can I get the Statue of Unity package?
Answer: There are several sites where you can get your Statue of Unity package booked. The package mostly includes 1 night 2 days stay with food and stay near the garden or riverside.
Q: How much is the helicopter ride at the Statue of Unity?
Answer: To get an aerial view of the Statue of Unity, one must try a helicopter ride that cost around INR 2900 per person. The 10-mins ride boards 5-7 people in a go. Interested ones can book the helicopter ride from the location itself as online booking is yet not available for the same.
Q: Is it possible to find washroom facilities at the Statue of Unity site?
Answer: Yes, one can find multiple washrooms or restrooms at the Statue of Unity. You can also find it near the cafe/canteen area.
Q: What is the Statue of Unity inside view?
Answer: Inside Statue of Unity, one can find several shops, a research centre, restrooms, and 3-star hotels. The ultra-quick elevators take the sightseers up to 400ft which is the chest level of the statue. The elevators do not go up to the crown area.
Q: What are the best hotels near the Statue of Unity to stay in?
Answer: You can find several hotels near Statue of Unity for a warm and comfortable stay. Some of the famous nearby hotels include The Fern Sardar Sarovar Point, BRG Budget Stay Kevadia, Hotel Unity Inn, Statue of Unity Tent City 1, The Grand Unity Hotel and much more. These hotels offer convenient access to the statue and other nearby attractions.
Q: Is the Statue of Unity Worth Visiting?
Answer: Yes, the Statue of Unity is worth visiting for several reasons. From representing unity to offering panoramic views of the Sardar Sarovar Dam and the surrounding area, the Statue of Unity is an ideal place to visit. The beautiful setting near the Narmada River makes this landmark even more unique. Also, the statue attracts many tourists, which benefits the local economy.
Excited enough to visit the tallest statue in the world? Well, who wouldn’t! The Statue of Unity is an incredible sight and engineering marvel that is a symbol of India’s strength and unity. Book your flights to Gujarat now and explore this world-best statue and the beautiful attractions that it has nearby. To know more about the domestic flights, Statue of Unity tickets price or online booking, you can get in touch with our team of travel professionals. Just call us at +91-800-023-5865 and save the best flight deal for yourself. Pick your phone now and catch Gujarat flights at super affordable prices.
Pawanpreet is a versatile content writer and editor who enjoys experimenting with various niches of writing. Her keen eye for detail and love for thorough research helps her create high-quality content to outweigh clickbait. She extensively works for digital marketing and manages clients that range from travel to luxury goods. Her creativity is fueled by her love for learning new things, travelling, and the environment. Also, she is a free soul and an avid animal lover who believes in doing everything with a smile 🙂