Escape To Nandi Hills Bangalore For A Weekend Getaway
Posted on Wednesday, August 10th, 2022 by Pawanpreet Kaur Leave a Comment
A quaint, fairytale-like destination hidden in the district of the Chikkaballapur, Karnataka, Nandi Hills is an unconventional beauty that calls travellers from all over the country. Also known as Nandi Betta, Nandi Hills Bangalore is no less than a paradise and welcomes you with an unexplainable charm and nature’s beauty. Its cool yet pleasant weather allures nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts to explore and spend a relaxing weekend in the lap of nature. The poetic vibe of this enchanting place never ceases to amaze you. So, the best is to escape from your daily hustle and head to this land of charm near Bangalore, Karnataka.
Just 37.4 km away from the Kempegowda International Airport, booking your flights to Bangalore and visiting Nandi Hills can make your experience unforgettable. The magical views on the way to Nandi Hills Karnataka will already mushroom thrill and excitement in you. And, on reaching Nandi Hills, you will be mesmerized by the clouds flowing over the mountains and the fresh breeze of air touching your cheeks. Every minute spent in this alluring destination will make you fall in love with yourself and the place.
Let’s dive deep into the history and learn what makes Nandi Hills Bangalore a place worth an excursion. We have also crunched a few details on Nandi Hills booking, distance, location, and how to reach there. Just keep reading and gear yourself to rejuvenate your mind and soul.
Historical Facts About Nandi Hills Bangalore
- The name of Nandi Hills Karnataka has been derived from the ancient temple on the hill dedicated to the Lord Shiva’s Bull, Nandi.
- The history of Nandi Hills goes back thousands of years. The hill fortress is thought to have been built by the Chola dynasty in the 9th century AD. It was later expanded by the Vijayanagar Empire in the 14th century.
- Nandi Hills Bangalore was the site of a battle between the British and French during the Seven Years’ War (1756-1763). The British eventually emerged victorious and took control of the hill fort.
- The Nandi Betta Hills is also home to several rare and endangered species of flora and fauna
- The hills were also once known as “Nandidurga,” meaning “Fortress of the Nandi.”
- It is believed that Lord Shiva’s Nandi resided on the hilltop of Nandi Hills during ancient times.
How To Reach Nandhi Hills
Nandi Hills location is well-connected to other primary locations of the city such as Bangalore. The total distance from the city centre of Bangalore to Nandi Hills is just 60.9 km and only can easily reach this location via road. So let us help you find the best route for your trip to Nandi Hills booking in Bangalore by train, car, road and flight.
- By Flight: Travellers cannot find direct flights to Nandi Hills but can take flights to the nearest airport, Kempegowda International Airport which is just 37.4 km away from the Nandi Hills. Further from the airport, you can book a cab/taxi to the hills and enjoy your journey. So whether you want to take Mumbai to Bangalore flight or Delhi to Bangalore flight, to reach Nandi Betta, you can book a cab from the airport premises itself.
- By Train: Karnataka Nandi Hills is well-linked with Chikkaballapur Railway Station which parts at a distance of just 9 km. From there you can book a cab or taxi to the Nandi Hills location. If you are located somewhere else in Karnataka, you can book your railway tickets for the Chikkaballapur Railway Station.
- By Car: Travelling from Bangalore to Nandi Hills via car is the most convenient way. You can enjoy the scenic views on the way, vibe on the music with your fam-jam and even stop at the local eatery points to savour delicious snacks.
Nandi Hills Timings
Nandi Hills has gained immense popularity among youngsters because of its calmness and serene views. It is an idle place for travellers to find peace from the busy life of the cities. To experience its wonderful beauty to the fullest, it is best to wait till sunset and see the sun going down. Are you wondering if Nandi Hills opens tomorrow or not then here’s what you need to know:
Nandi Hills Open Time: 6 am – 10 pm every day
The accommodation and timings here are under the control of the Horticultural Department. The permitted time to stay in Nandi hills is 6 am to 10 pm. Visitors can come early in the morning to enjoy the Nandi Hills sunrise view point and can spend the whole day there amidst lush greenery, mountains, and clouds. However, there is no private accommodation available in the Nandi Hills Bangalore and travellers have to come out of the destination for a night halt facility.
Other Places To Visit In Nandi Hills Karnataka
- Channagiri Hills: A hiking area in the Nandhi Hills that can be easily finished in 2-3 hours. The trek distance for Channagiri Hills is not more than 3km and can be easily trekked by people of age groups. Make sure to carry your food and water but remember not to litter and maintain the serenity of the place.
- Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple: An ancient Hindu temple in Nandi Hills, that dates back to the 9th to 10th centuries. As per history, this temple in the Nandi hills was built during the Nolamba Dynasty. The Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and the architecture is definitely going to amaze you.
- Yoga Nandeeshwara Temple: Located on the top of Nandi Hills, Yoga Nandeeswara Temple is another ancient temple here that dates back to the Chola Dynasty. The architecture of the temple is built in Dravidian and Nolambavadi-style and has religious and national importance. Moreover, watching sunrise or sunset from the temple is just sheer bliss.
- Tipu’s Drop – This landmark in Nandi Hills Bangalore is related to Tipu Sultan who was also known as the “Tiger Of Mysore.” Years back at this place, Tipu Sultan use to push his prisoners down the valley to punish them for death. Maybe from there, the name Tipu’s Drop in Nandi Hills came up.
- Tashk-E-Jannat – A peaceful landmark that is recognised as a summer residence for Tipu Sultan in the past. The construction of this landmark was started by Haidar Ali but completed by Tipu Sultan. He used to spend his summers in here and nicknamed it “Tashk-E-Jannat”
- Brahmashram Cave – Visitors who visit Nandi Hills station also visit the Brahmashram Cave which is believed to be the meditation site for the religious leader Sage Ramakrishna Paramahamsa. Today, tourists are seen relaxing and meditating at this cave. Not to mention, it’s not just famous for its unique Nandi Hills location but also known for its religious importance.
Best Restaurants To Eat Near Nandi Hills Location
Today, Nandi Hills is a popular tourist spot and is known for its scenic views and cool climate. It is also home to several ancient temples and ruins, which attract many pilgrims and tourists from all over India. So, if you are planning to explore Nandi hills in Bangalore then must note down the following places for a refreshing halt.
- Indian Paratha Palace: A relaxing woodsy spot to sit, eat and relax, The Indian Paratha Palace is a family restaurant that lies towards Sarjapura Road. The place definitely has some good vibes with good services and has a food variety to serve all age groups. Not just the quality and different styles of parathas but one can also enjoy cheesy pizzas, curd rice, mushroom pockets, Indian main course and desserts.
- The Olives Multi-Cuisine Restaurant: Do not worry if the Nandi Hills open or not, stop at this sophisticated fine-dining restaurant with your family and friends and enjoy a scrumptious meal. The Olives Multi-Cuisine Restaurant lie on the main road in Heggadahalli, Karnataka and can be easily located on the way to Nandi Hills Bangalore. Try them now and thank us later!
- Sinchana Palace Restaurant: When coming from Bangalore to Nandi Hills, one can easily locate Sinchana Palace Restaurant as it lies on the Chikkaballapur Road Nandi Hills Cross. This place is a complete package as one can plan a stay as well here as it is one of the closest properties to Nandi Hills. It has an in-house restaurant, allows guests to park their vehicles and has reliable room service.
- Tribal Cafe: A lovely and exotic place to enjoy Hukka, Indian, Chinese and Western Meals. The place is spacious and even offers ample parking for the guests. The aesthetics and vibe of the Tribal Cafe will make you fall in love with it even more. This place is doing justice to the location by serving quality food and services to the guests. Head on to Nandi Hills road now and try appetising snacks at the Tribal Cafe.
- NH7 Refuel: A Punjabi Restaurant that lies on the Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway towards Devanahalli. This place offers top-notch customer services and serves delicious food starting from hot and spicy appetizers, a variety of parathas, scrumptious biryani and a veg/non-veg main course. Plan a trip from Bangalore to Nandi Hills and stop by this beautiful place for a soulful luncheon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is Nandi Hills open today and tomorrow?
Answer: Nandi Hills Karnataka remains open all days a week from 6 am to 10 pm. The destination remains open even during public holidays.
Q: What is the best time to visit Nandi Hills sunrise view point?
Answer: To enjoy magnificent views of sunrise, the best time to reach Nandi Hills sunrise view point is early morning at 6 am. The early mornings Nandi Hills give a beautiful experience. You can see clouds floating like mist while the sun comes out and shines through.
Q: Is Nandi Hills safe for women to visit?
Answer: Yes, Nandi Hills Bangalore is absolutely safe for women to visit. The security of the place is under the control of the Horticulture Department and they keep an eye on tourists just in case anyone tries to create a mess. There are several CCTVs installed to keep a regular check on the vehicles entering the tourist spot.
Q: Can tourists stay overnight in the Nandhi Hills?
Answer: There is no private accommodation facility available in Karnataka Nandi Hills. However, the Horticulture Dept do have guest houses on the hilltop Nandi Hills but not everybody can stay there. To reserve, one must have to go through the procedure and inform them in advance. Tourists can find several hotels on Nandi Hills Road in the Chikkaballapur district.
Q: What are the activities permitted in Nandi Hills Bangalore?
Answer: Beyond the dreamy views and breathtaking cliffs, Nandi Hills is also famous for adventure activities. Tourists can choose Paragliding, Camping, Cycling and Trekking.
We hope you find the relevant information related to Nandi Hills Bangalore. This ancient hill fortress is a must-visit if you are planning to visit Bangalore. It has been a popular tourist destination for years due to its scenic views and historical importance. The hilltop also offered a good view of the surrounding countryside, which makes it ideal for tourist for sightviewing. So what are you waiting for? Make a plan with your friends now and head over to this beauty hidden in the clouds. Get your flights to Bangalore booked with Travanya and also discover other places to visit in Bangalore.
We are an IATA Certified agency that helps customers bag the cheapest flight deals across the country and around the world. We believe in making travel easier for our customers and make sure to introduce our customers to the most worthy airline discounts. Unlock your phone and dial +91-800-023-5865 and get in touch with our team of customer support. This is your time to make memories and save big! Get exploring with the cheapest airfares now!
Pawanpreet is a versatile content writer and editor who enjoys experimenting with various niches of writing. Her keen eye for detail and love for thorough research helps her create high-quality content to outweigh clickbait. She extensively works for digital marketing and manages clients that range from travel to luxury goods. Her creativity is fueled by her love for learning new things, travelling, and the environment. Also, she is a free soul and an avid animal lover who believes in doing everything with a smile 🙂