What You Need To Know About Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance
Posted on Thursday, April 7th, 2022 by Navneet Kaur 42 comments
Qatar Airways is one of the world’s leading airlines, offering the most luxurious travel experience. One aspect of this experience that passengers often consider is baggage allowance – how much weight and the number of pieces they’re allowed to bring on board. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at what Qatar Airways baggage allowance entails and provide some tips on how to make sure you don’t go over your limit.
About Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways is the flag carrier airline of Qatar. The airline has its head office in Doha, Qatar. They operate a hub-and-spoke network, flying to over 150 international destinations from their base at Hamad International Airport. Qatar Airways is a world-class airline known for its five-star service, luxurious cabins, and ample baggage allowance. The Doha-based airline offers its passengers a generous baggage allowance, with the option to purchase additional baggage if needed.
Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance
Qatar Airways Baggage allowance refers to the maximum weight or size of baggage that is allowed to be carried by a passenger on a flight. Qatar Airways allows its passengers to bring one carry-on bag and one personal item free of charge. In addition, any baggage that exceeds these limits will likely have to be checked and will incur an additional fee.
Baggage allowances may vary depending on your route and cabin class. Please check the baggage regulations printed on your ticket for more information.
|Economy Class||Economy Classic||Economy Convenience||Economy Comfort|
|Checked Baggage||25kg (55lb)||30kg (66lb)||35kg (77lb)|
|Hand baggage||1 piece (7kg/15lb)||1 piece (7kg/15lb)||1 piece (7kg/15lb)|
|Business Class||Business Classic||Business Comfort||Business Elite|
|Checked Baggage||40kg (88lb)||40kg (88lb)||40kg (88lb)|
|Hand baggage||2 pieces (15kg/33lb total)||2 pieces (15kg/33lb total)||2 pieces (15kg/33lb total)|
|First Class||First Elite|
|Checked Baggage||50kg (110lb)|
|Hand baggage||2 pieces (15kg/33lb total)|
Qatar Airways Hand-In Baggage Allowance Policy
You are allowed to bring hand baggage on board the cabin during your Qatar Airways flight. The Qatar hand baggage allowance is in addition to your regular checked-in baggage allowance.
Important Points To Remember:
- As per Qatar baggage allowance policy, passengers travelling in First Class or Business Class are permitted to carry two pieces of baggage, not exceeding a total weight of 15kg (33lb). Customers flying in Economy Class are allowed to bring one piece of baggage, with a weight limit of 7kg (15lb).
- For tickets issued in Brazil, customers flying to or from Brazil in Economy Class are allowed to bring one piece of baggage, with a weight limit of 10 kg (22lb).
- Apart from this, each piece of hand baggage may not exceed the maximum dimensions of 50x37x25cm (20x15x10in). The laptop and laptop bag must be subject to Qatar Hand Baggage Allowance.
- You are allowed to bring a number of personal items with you on the plane, such as a woman’s handbag, a small briefcase, cape or blanket, a coat, an umbrella, a small camera or binoculars, limited reading material, a pair of crutches or a walking stick, and an infant carrying basket. You are also allowed to bring duty-free items purchased on the day of your flight.
- You are permitted to bring gels, liquids, pastes and aerosols in containers up to 100 ml in your hand baggage. Also, make sure all items fit comfortably in a transparent, resealable, quart- or litre-sized bag no larger than 20x20cm.
- There are no restrictions on baby food and medicine when flying with Qatar Airways. However, you may be asked to submit a prescription for any medicine you wish to take onboard.
Qatar Airways Checked Baggage Allowance Policy
Travelling with baggage can be a bit tricky, especially if your luggage exceeds the dimensions or weight limit set by the airline. Please be sure to check your airline’s baggage guidelines as they may vary.
Important Points To Remember:
- The maximum dimensions for checked-in baggage are length + width + height of 158cm (by piece) or 300cm (by weight). A single piece of checked-in baggage should weigh no more than 32kg (70lb). If you exceed the weight and/or piece allowance on your ticket, charges will apply.
- As per Qatar Airways checked baggage allowance policies, there is no limit to the number of pieces for routes where the weight concept applies, unless the weight allowance for the total number of pieces is exceeded. However, certain limits may be imposed by the airline depending on the capacity of any given aircraft.
- If you’re flying on a different airline than Qatar Airways, they may have a lower baggage allowance. Airlines follow the guidelines of IATA’s Most Significant Marketing Carrier (MSC) rule which decides how much luggage you’re allowed to bring on a code-share or interline flight. This will apply even if your flight begins or ends in the USA. or Canada.
Qatar Airways Extra baggage allowance
For Qatar Airways operated flights, baggage charges will vary depending on the regions your journey covers. Additionally, heavier bags may incur additional fees. Make sure to check our baggage fee chart before you pack!
|Additional Rates||Preferred rates||Standard Rates|
|India to Europe||USD 30||USD 40|
|India to Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka||USD 30||USD 40|
|India to Maldives||USD 30||USD 40|
|India to Pakistan||USD 30||USD 40|
|India to South/East Asia||USD 30||USD 40|
|India to Central Asia||USD 30||USD 40|
|India to Japan||USD 30||USD 50|
|India to Korea||USD 30||USD 50|
|India to Australia||USD 40||USD 60|
|India to New Zealand||USD 40||USD 60|
|India to Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates||USD 20||USD 25|
|India to Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon||USD 20||USD 30|
|India to Qatar||USD 20||USD 30|
You can purchase additional baggage through Manage Booking if you have already booked a flight.
Important Points To Remember
- Additional baggage is only available for purchase if it exceeds your free baggage allowance as stated on your booking confirmation and tickets.
- As per Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance rules, passengers are charged for each kilogram of excess baggage, except when travelling to Africa or the Americas, where it is charged per piece. As a passenger, you are allowed a maximum of five pieces or 100 kg on a plane. One piece of checked-in baggage must not weigh more than 32 kg (70 lb) or exceed 158 cm (62 in) in length + width + height.
- You are not allowed to purchase additional baggage online for infants.
- You can purchase additional baggage up to 6 hours before your flight. As per airline policy, additional baggage is valid only for the date indicated on the flight and receipt. To check if your booking has been booked, you can check a ticket number next to each passenger’s name in your confirmation email.
- If your baggage exceeds the airline’s limitations, it may be refused at check-in or returned or transferred to another flight. Airlines reserve the right to handle baggage in accordance with their policies.
Qatar Airways Infant Baggage Allowance
Qatar Airways offers a generous baggage allowance for infants, which can make travelling with young children much easier. When travelling with an infant, you are allowed to bring one piece of checked luggage free of charge. In addition, you are allowed to bring a stroller, collapsible carrycot or pushchair on board the aircraft at no charge per infant.
|Infant Baggage concept||Baggage allowance|
|Piece Concept||1 piece (23kg/50lb) in all classes of travel|
|Weight Concept||10kg (22lb) in all classes of travel|
Qatar Airways doesn’t charge any extra fees for sporting equipment, as long as it falls within the free checked baggage allowance specified on your ticket. If your sporting equipment takes up more space than the allotted amount, you’ll be charged excess baggage rates. Rates will vary depending on whether you purchase sports equipment in advance or at the airport.
Sporting Equipment includes Bicycles, Surfboard/Windsurfing equipment/Kayaks (less than 3 metres), Fishing equipment, Golf equipment, Diving equipment (all air and gas cylinders are empty prior to travel), and Trekking equipment.
|To/From||Small Pieces – Up to 15 kg and 175cm (L+W+H)||Medium Pieces – Up to 25 kg and 217cm (L+W+H)||Large Pieces – Up to 32 kg and 300cm (L+W+H)|
|India to Africa||USD 240||USD 450||USD 750|
|India to Europe||USD 240||USD 450||USD 750|
|India to Far East||USD 240||USD 450||USD 750|
|India to Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Korea||USD 400||USD 750||USD 1,250|
|India to The Middle East and Pakistan||USD 120||USD 225||USD 375|
|India to Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka||USD 120||USD 225||USD 375|
|India to Qatar||USD 100||USD 200||USD 300|
|India to The Americas||USD 250||USD 300||USD 350|
|Domestic Routes||USD 120||USD 225||USD 375|
As per the Qatar baggage policy, musical instruments can be carried on the plane but passengers have to pay for a seat. The weight limit for musical instruments is 75 kg and the length limit is 120 cm.
As per Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance policy, its provides onboard wheelchairs facilities on A330, A340 and B777. If you need to travel with a wheelchair, it can be carried at no charge and does not count as part of your baggage allowance.
Sports Weapons And Ammunition
Qatar Airlines has a baggage allowance policy that states that prior notification and approval from the airline is required before transporting sport weapons and ammunition. Appropriate import and export licenses must be presented to the airline prior to travel by passengers. Also, the passenger must ensure that all weapons are unloaded, safely and properly packed. As a passenger, you are allowed to carry only 5 kg of sports ammunition (divisions 1.4S, UN 0012 or UN 0014 only) on the flight.
Qatar Airways Pet Allowance
As we know how important our pets are, we cannot leave them behind when we travel. Qatar Airways accepts pet dogs, cats and birds as checked baggage, so they can travel with you on your flight or separately, in accordance with international air travel regulations.
If you are travelling with a pet, it is important to let the airline know ahead of time. You can do this by giving them notice at least 48 hours before your departure. Also, as per the travel rules, all passengers are required to provide documents for their pets before travelling. This includes a health certificate (signed by your veterinarian, indicating that the animal is fit to fly) and identification or pet passport.
|Size||Total Weight and Dimensions||Additional Allowance Rate|
|Medium||Up to 32kg||To/From Qatar: USD 200All other routes: USD 350|
|Large||Between 32kg and 75kg||To/From Qatar: USD 300All other routes: USD 450|
|Other||Total weight: greater than 75kgTotal dimensions: larger than 118 inches (300 cm)||To be handled as cargo|
If your baggage is lost or delayed, Qatar airline will help you get it sorted out. Most often, delayed baggage is found within 24 hours and can be delivered to your home, office or hotel. If your baggage is delayed, the airline will compensate you. If your baggage is considered lost, then the airline will compensate you in accordance with the governing Convention (Warsaw Convention, Montreal Convention), where applicable.
Your baggage should be sturdy, well-packed and secured for air travel. If your baggage is damaged, report it to the baggage desk when you arrive and get a Property Irregularity Report. You will also need to make a written claim through ‘My Baggage’ within seven days of leaving the airport.
Important Note: If you experience any problem with your luggage, you can report it within 7 days of receiving it. Keep in mind that even if you don’t complain when you first received your item, this is proof that it was delivered in good condition. This means that the airline has complied with the terms of the contract.
Qatar Airways Restricted Baggage Items
Qatar Airlines places some restrictions on the items that you are allowed to carry in your baggage. This is for your safety and to ensure that all items travel securely with you. The following items are not permitted in either cabin or checked baggage:
Not permitted in hand baggage:
- Guns, firearms and other devices that discharge projectiles, including toys, antiques and replicas – Pistols, components of firearms, compressed air and CO2 guns, pellet guns, signal flares
- Stunning devices – Stun guns, pepper spray, mace, and animal repellents.
- Objects with sharp points or edges – Knives, axes, ice picks, razor blades, scissors, martial art equipment.
- Workers Tools – Crowbars, drills, screwdrivers, saws, nail guns, blowtorches.
- Blunt Instruments – Baseball bats, clubs, batons, hockey sticks.
- Explosives and incendiary devices (including replicas) – Fireworks, ammunition, fuel
Not permitted in checked baggage:
- Corrosives – Mercury, acids, alkalies and wet cell batteries.
- Infectious substances such as bacteria, and viruses.
- Poisons such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic and cyanides.
- Radioactive Material.
- Oxidising Materials & Organic Peroxides Bleaches and fibreglass repair kits.
- Compressed Gases (deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous) – Butane, oxygen, propane and aqualung cylinders.
- Flammable Liquids and Solids – Lighter or heavier fuels, paint and all matches*.
- Explosives – Fireworks, flares, ammunition*, Christmas crackers and firearms.
- Small electric vehicles – Air wheels, Solo wheels, Hoverboards, Mini-Segways, and Balance wheels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much extra baggage is allowed on international flights?
Answer: Passengers are allowed to bring more than two checked baggage with additional charges depending on the departure and arrival countries/cities of the passengers.
Q: Are laptop bags considered hand luggage?
Answer: Passengers are allowed to carry handbags and laptop bags with them on the plane. Your laptop and laptop bag must be subject to the hand baggage policy.
Q: What are the benefits of the Qatar Airways Student Club?
Answer: Qatar Airways Student Club membership offers you some great benefits, including up to 20% off flights, the extra baggage allowance of up to 10 kg, complimentary Super Wi-Fi, travel flexibility and more.
Q: What is the checked baggage allowance for the Qatar economy class?
Answer: For Economy Classic, you are allowed to check-in up to 25kg (55lb) of baggage. For Economy Convenience, you can carry up to 30kg (66lb) of baggage. And for Economy Comfort, you are allowed to bring 35kg (77lb) of luggage.
Q: How many free bags does Qatar Airways allow?
Answer: Baggage allowance for Qatar flights is based on the route and class you are flying. As per airline policy, you are allowed to carry 2 pieces as check-in baggage and 1 piece as cabin baggage.
Being one of the most popular airlines in the world, not only does Qatar Airways has a luxurious first-class, but its allowance policy is also incredibly generous. If you’re travelling with Qatar Airlines, be sure to pack as much as you can!
And if you’re looking for a trustworthy travel agency to book your flight tickets, you are at the right place! We’ve been in the business for years and have strong ties with airline companies and their partners. Our travel experts will be able to help you find the best discount on Qatar flight tickets and keep you up-to-date on the latest flight deals.
We offer affordable flight ticket bookings for both business trips and family vacations. For more information, please call us at +91 800 023 5865! Travanya will help you with your travel needs end-to-end.
Other Relevant BlogsGo Air Baggage Allowance Vistara Airways Baggage Allowance Spicejet Baggage Allowance Air India Baggage Allowance Indigo Baggage Allowance
Navneet Kaur is a Professional Content Writer with 5+ years of experience, she started her career as a Content Writer. Apart from having good knowledge of marketing and business, she firmly believes in dreaming big and making them come true. She lives with a passion to explore and learn about adventure, destinations, history and live events happening around. Including her travel writing skills, she has also written about places, arts and entertainment, personal experiences, nature and its beauty, etc.